Help me eat better

Options
I am having trouble with 2 things. One is not eating to much in a day and the other is eating healthier foods. I recently got a membership to a gym and have been faithfull so far in going. It has been 3 weeks. I started logging my progress and so far have been happy with that. However, I am having an issue with the eating part of staying healthy. I find it very difficult to not munch at work. I sit behind a desk all day at work and have gained 20lbs since I started this job. Fruits and veggies sometimes bore me and I would like to know if there is any way to make them more interesting. Or how I can get past the munching on junk. I really need/want to take these 20lbs off and get into shape. If anyone has any suggestions or support I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Replies

• kltormey
    kltormey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble with 2 things. One is not eating to much in a day and the other is eating healthier foods. I recently got a membership to a gym and have been faithfull so far in going. It has been 3 weeks. I started logging my progress and so far have been happy with that. However, I am having an issue with the eating part of staying healthy. I find it very difficult to not munch at work. I sit behind a desk all day at work and have gained 20lbs since I started this job. Fruits and veggies sometimes bore me and I would like to know if there is any way to make them more interesting. Or how I can get past the munching on junk. I really need/want to take these 20lbs off and get into shape. If anyone has any suggestions or support I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I'd like to know ideas too. I think any tip would help not only you, but others with the same situation.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Up your water. Sometimes your brian can not tell if it is thirsty or hungry and so we munch,
    when all we needed was water in the first place.
    Steam veggies with Mrs Dash on top. Note*I SAID STEAM NOT BOIL!*
    Make Veggie Soups. Use FRESH HERBS for a stunning addition.
    try different fruits and veggies that you have never tried before.
    Take an apple or 2 to work with you.
    Sprinkle different dry spices on a plate and use them as a dip for apples.
    See which ones taste the best. Might I suggest Rose Mary?
    Make a fruit and cheese platter for a lunch with friends. Having each friend bring one
    block of cheese and one or two fav fruits.
    Add fresh juice to water. Orange, Lemon and Lime come to mind,
    But Pineapple can be pretty tasty too. :bigsmile:
    --Diann...
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...for snacks at work, these seem to work great for me:

celery with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
    strawberries with 2 tbsp Cool Whip Free
    baby carrots (lots and lots...I love them!)
    almonds (plain jane almonds...about 18 is 100 calories)
    2 apple cinnamon rice cakes (100 calories)
    1 apple sliced with string cheese or 1 tbsp PB
    I also will slice up cucumber and tomato and put in a tupperware with a little salt...YUMMY!

These small combos help to fill me up. And I drink TONS of water!! Hopefully this helps.

*Kistinbee*
  • BarDob
    BarDob Posts: 1
    Options
    Eating ice throughout the day has really cut my appetite sometimes I add the juice of 1 lemon.
  • kltormey
    kltormey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Eating ice throughout the day has really cut my appetite sometimes I add the juice of 1 lemon.

Did you ever hear the myth that chewing ice makes you gain weight...someone told me that ages ago and I was like...oh really? explain that one to me.

I have seen many girls around my crunching on ice but the again, they are naturally skinny.
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at work. I try not to eat the junk but sometimes it just calls me.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Try cutting apples into slices and sprinkling them with cinnamon for a sweet treat! Or try popcorn, I found a microwave version that gives you 6 cups for only 100 calories and 1g fat!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yummy!...Apples with a little cinnamon! I can't believe I never thought to try that!
    *Kistinbee*