London Girl with a LOT to lose!

Options
Hello, I've been on MFP for a few days (That's technically a lie, I joined last year and achieved sod all!), and only just discovered the boards.

I have a lot of weight to lose, and would love to chat with others in a similar position. I'm currently 20st 10lbs and really, enough is enough. It's ridiculous, I'm getting married in June and been engaged for a year, should've done something about it before now!

Anyway, don't want to beat myself up too much but there you have it! Looking to befriend anyone from the UK for encouragement and motivation as I really need it!!

Also, don't judge me as others have, but I'm trying Slim Fast to kick start things in the right direction.

Amy

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    *waves*
    I wasn't judging, just trying to advise you that sustainable and better nutrition is better for you. But whatever works for you and keeps you focused sounds good to me.
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey there, we have alot in common! In 2010 i booked my wedding and was a size 16 and did not want to be a chunky bride. When my wedding came in november i had got to a size 12 and shed 3.5 stone... since then tho have had baby number 5 so back on the fitness regime! I'd be happy to chat and motivate you, and hopefully by summer we can be slim together lol!x
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Hi Amy
    I have slimfast as I find it really convienient (and I'm lazy). It seems to be working for me at the moment although I am startting to crave 'solid food'.
    Good luck with it! I know how hard it is.
    Abi
  • SquishiiKiwii
    Options
    London girl also (but living in hertfordshire) No wedding, but trying to shift baby fat!!! (theres alot of it, I blame the cheese craving!) :) We'll keep you motivated don't worry!!
    Slim fast strawberry tastes better than the chocolate btw ;)
    Feel free to add me
    xxx
  • danilewis85
    danilewis85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey hun. i had a baby 5 months ago and im trying to lose my baby weight. got about 30lb to go!!! i keep losing then gaining it back because i treat myself too much lol!! let me know how u get on the slimfast always wanted to try it but i just cant live without food. last week i decided to do a sort of detox designed by myself and lost 12lbs!! let me no if u want more info it was easy and i was never hungry. good luck this time round hun
    dani x
  • spluker
    spluker Posts: 17
    Options
    hi, i did the same. registered on mfp a year ago and did nothing with it.

anyway, this time i'm serious. i'm going to get fit LOL.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey wiltshire calling :flowerforyou:
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, I know how it feels to have a lot to lose. It's a little overwhelming at first, so I decided to lose it in 5 lb lots! I joined TOPS ( a weight loss support group ) 3 weeks ago and the first week I lost 5.4 lbs, and I haven't lost anything since! Tonight is weigh-in, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I've stopped eating junk food, and have increased my amount of vegetables, and I feel like trying something like SlimFast for a jumpstart as well. Is it working for you? Good luck, Girl! We remain Sisters in The fight for health!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, I'm Angela, also in London and also with plenty still to lose, so feel free to add me, and if the slimfast works for you, then go for it, it's not a long term plan, but if it gives you the boost you need to get started then great.
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK (Lincolnshire). I've still got lots to lose. I'm also shifting the weight for my wedding. Although mines not until June 2013 so i have a bit longer lol! It's always nice to have more UK friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Amy,
    You are gorgeous--- what a beautiful pic of you! There's nothing wrong with Slim-Fast as a way to kick-start your diet. But it helps to have a long-term plan. I tried the Slim-Fast shakes a long time ago and found that I actually preferred just drinking a big glass of milk, LOL! Good luck on your upcoming wedding!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Also a London girl. I'm halfway to my first goal weight, then I'll reassess, but I'll probably aim for half as much again, so quite a long way to go as well! Add me as a friend if you'd like to - I love your profile pic :smile:
  • Jacinta130
    Options
    Hey good luck, feel free to add me, im in the UK also in Somerset :-)
  • amygeorgina
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much everyone!! What a brilliant start, determine to make a crack at this! I'm going to use the blog feature here too (love a bit of blogging!).

Thanks for the comments, Slim Fast is my temporary option until I figure out how I'm actually going to crack this diet long term (which I think is a crackdown on my carb fetish :sad: )
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    London Girl too...(but living in Oxford!) No wedding on the horizon but a beach holiday in October that I want to have a body that fits into a bikini!

I too joined MFP last year but have not started using it till yesterday...so far so good! I've got about 40 kg (88 pounds) still to go!

I have a massive Carb fetish too...so for the moment I've just swapped my white carbs to brown carbs (brown rice / pasta etc) and measuring them!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much everyone!! What a brilliant start, determine to make a crack at this! I'm going to use the blog feature here too (love a bit of blogging!).

Thanks for the comments, Slim Fast is my temporary option until I figure out how I'm actually going to crack this diet long term (which I think is a crackdown on my carb fetish :sad: )
    Let's see how your diary goes along but carbs aren't a no-no, they can easily be incorporated if your other macros are balanced, and you're working out. Think positive, and you'll succeed!