Wheat Tortillas, Recipe Ideas?

Options
RealTanyah
RealTanyah Posts: 21 Member
I have a few packs of wheat tortillas. Besides your typical tacos or salad type wrap, what are some recipes for these weird tasting things? My first idea was chicken pieces, spaghetti sauce, mozzerella cheese and pepperoni(chicken pizziola). Any ideas? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I saw a recipe once for mexican pizza's (kinda like at taco bell) using tortillas.

You have to spray with a little OO and bake in oven to get crisp.

Then spread some FF refried beans on inside, with a little salsa.

lay another one on top. and put cheese, tomato, green onions... yum....

Maybe I can find the recipe..

ahh, found it. http://www.honeywhatscooking.com/2011/05/mexican-tortilla-pizza.html

this is giving me a good idea for dinner!!! (salivating)
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like to make a Mexican Lasagna like this one...
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/mexican-lasagna-recipe/index.html

But to be honest lately I have been buying this Club House spice pack that gives you a great recipe on the back. They are so easy and you don't have to measure anything.

http://www.clubhouse.ca/en/products/detail.aspx?Mexican_Lasagna&id=7e8d1a05-d4d6-444d-8910-317f45593ce8&category_id=1047e90d-d3f4-4b27-a232-7b2382e9d2c8
  • volsfan083
    Options
    Sorry, according to another person, my method is apparently incorrect, so I removed my comment. I do hope you find some good recipes, though. :smile:
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1. You can make Quesadillas(sp). Just put veggies, beans or chicken and cheese, fold and cook on a griddle with a heavy pan on top. Serve with salsa and fat free greek yoghurt.
    2. Low of fat free cream cheese, green, red, yellow bell peppers chopped, chives chopped. Mix them up and spread on a tortilla. Roll em upinto cylindrical shapes, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for an hour or two. Slice them up as pinwheels for a snack.
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This isn't real healthy, but you can microwave torts a few seconds to warm them, place a hot dog in the middle, sprinkle with cheese, roll up tight, stick a toothpick in and deep fry until golden. :)

lr8We.jpg

You can make pizzas, sandwiches, lasagna, enchiladas, chips and more with tortillas.....yummm.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I would make healthy chips out of them as well. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Cut the bread into strips, spray them with some olive oil lightly (like the mist of a PAM cooking spray but don't use pam it's gross) They sell pumps to spray oil from. Then sprinkle with whatever you want. I usually do a little salt and pepper but sometimes red pepper etc. Then bake in a 350 oven for about 10 mins, but watch them they crisp up quickly. Usually I will do a whole pack at a time, so lower the cooking time to about 8 after the first batch or so, and they keep well in a tupperware, that way whenever I want "chips" I have these healthier version, taste great with hummus or some salsa.
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    I use them to make healthy chips. Cut the round tortillas into triangle shapes and then cook in a skillet with extra virgin olive oil ( or whatever oil you prefer). These taste wonderful. Sometimes if I'm feeling extra crazy, I'll throw a little Tony Chachere's original Creole Seasoning on them to add a little pizzazz.

bake them brushed with oil and spices. not 'cooked' in a skillet. nothing cooks in a skillet. isnt that frying?