fruit and veg logging

Options
****whole fruit and veg...no sugar butter etc added**** who logs theirs and who doesn't? and for what reasons? i've been told that theyre not worth logging because they do more good than harm..... i would agree with that statement nutritionally but not 100% sold on it calorically... help!

Replies

• akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I log everything...
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I log everything as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i log everything. if it has calories in, log it. you can still over eat on healthy things.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it!! It's good to keep record of everything that's going into your body. You never know when you may need to look back and review!
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything. Frequently I do not add it when I have just a few of something, like 5 cucumber slices on my salad. I log the spinich that makes up most of the salad and anything beyond veggies with a lot of calories like fruit, chicken, tofu, or cheese, but may skip things like a few cucumbers or cauliflower. I always log fruit as it is more calories then veggies and I need to watch my sugar intake. I think if I'm off by 20 calories at the end of the day it is fine as I don't log all of my activity either, such as walking to the bathroom or putting laundry away. I also make sure to add things if I have a bunch or it makes up a big part of a snack or meal, such as 2 cups of spinich even though it is low in calories. It just got to be too much day in and day out adding all the little veggies I had for the day and they never added up to much. If I only needed to do this for a a month or two, I would probably log everything since that is a short time to change your eating habits. I knew when I started that I would have at least a year to work on my eating habits.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,267 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Fruits and vegetables still have calories, even though they are overall good for you. It adds up as the day goes on.