I Love Food

Options
I really love food and it's a huge problem when trying to diet. Please help ...

Replies

• xmissjasmine
    Options
    Don't diet. Just eat less of the foods you love.
  • melissaaguilar8
    Options
    There is usually a reason why you love food. You should try to figure out what that is. And just eat smaller portions, or find out what the real portion of a serving is and stick to it. You might find later in your journey that it isn't worth those calories.
    7365937.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love Food too! I just eat great food in controlled portions and savor each bite. You can get very creative with foods to make serving larger by adding veg etc to dishes:-)
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Portion control! And have you checked out skinnytaste.com yet? I don't do diet food but food made with smart choices can be good too!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I love food too. Remember food isn't the enemy. Bad eating habits are. Learn serving sizes and practice portion control.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    I love food too! Some days, the only reason I exercise is so I can eat more! That is why I love MFP. Move more, eat more. Life is good.
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Thank you! I know I'm a boredom eater, especially at work, so I will try to think of ways to combat that.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    I love food as well, and I just eat less of the good stuff. Or exercise more if I can't help myself...
  • carriebostic
    Options
    I LOVE FOOD! That's my problem too. But you can still eat the foods you love as long as you don't overeat.

#1. Try drinking a whole glass of water before you even take a bite, and another full glass of water while you're eating. That helps me to feel full quicker to keep from overeating when I'm at a buffet or something. Not to mention it's healthy and helps to flush out your system.

#2. If you snack on veggies through the day it helps.

#3. Eat slowly. Eating slowly gives your food enough time to get to your stomach, so you feel full quicker.

These helped me to lose weight before. I'm hoping that they will again, and in the process, maybe help you too!

Good luck!
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Portion control! And have you checked out skinnytaste.com yet? I don't do diet food but food made with smart choices can be good too!!

Ooh, I'll have a look at that - thanks! :laugh:
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I love food and I love to eat.

What helps me is planning ahead and especially cooking ahead. I cook on the weekends and make double or triple the recipe and freeze the right size servings, so when I get to eat, there is no way to over eat.

Also, when I pack for work, I don't bring a big (i.e.) bag of nuts but prepare a small bag with a normal serving size, so I avoid over eating at work.

To cut down cravings, I make sure I have snacks between the main meals and eat very balanced. In my case (Vegan) it means that I cover all my four important food groups throughout the day: legumes, fruits, vegetables, and grain.

Staying hydrated also helps cut down cravings because cravings could be caused by thirst.

Best of luck to you!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet first, i know when i hear diet it is like a chour. It is a healthier way of life. I still eat things I should not and still lose weight. You have to pick the foods you like and eat them in moderation. If i know for lunch i am going to burger king ( cuz my boyfriend is skinny as a rail JERK) but for dinner i will go lighter so my calories even out or i will cut out a snack, What also helps me is my "SPIKE nights" fridays i wll eat whatever i want or was craving for the week, and that way you are not telling your self NO all the time, I think some of it is mental, when you say no all the time you start to get board and unmotivated. I am no where near an expert but I LOVE FOOD and I have found ways to keep my self on track. You have to find your groove and when you do you will be happy. Hope this helps alittle. You can do this you already took the first step, you are here.