Someone please remind me

Options
That it is silly to expect to see a change in weight after just 5 days of the 30 day shred. I'm beating myself up because I'm not an ounce smaller than I was last week. :(

Replies

• BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 3- and I haven't seen any change in weight at all! I think people see more change in measurements than weight with the workout. Right now I'm doing the 30DS, between 45-60 mins cardio a day, and strength training twice a week and in the last few weeks I've noticed a huge difference in my arms and legs! It's exciting- lol I keep secretly checking out my new muscles in the mirror!!! hahaha
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You are wanting immediate results. You will not see immediate results. =)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You are wanting immediate results. You will not see immediate results. =)

...and therefore will set yourself up for failure when you need those immediate results...
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Measure. Measure, measure, measure. :)
  • sandyt627
    Options
    Don't worry, it'll happen! I measured after 8 days and there was a loss, keep going with it. It's gonna be hard work, but that's what'll make your success so worth it when you notice it. We are so used to the instant gratification of so many things, that when we do something the old fashioned way, it seems like it takes FOREVER to get any results. Don't worry, you're doing things the right way, you'll be rewarded for your efforts!
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    Thank you :-)

Seriously telling myself I know this is not in vain. :):)
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm not any lighter either but I FEEL better. I can do more situps, more pushups, and I find myself being more active around he house, I'm currently on Day 9 and the workouts are getting easier and I am not as winded anymore. Focus on what you do and not what the scale says (or even better, avoid the scale for a while)
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    That's my problem, I weight myself EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I'm obsessed with it. Not a healthy habit at all.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I did not lose weight with the 30 DS....but I lost 9.25 inches and went down a pants size. Keep at it...hard work pays off!