Plateau at THE THIRD WEEK!!!! HELP!

So I did not lose any weight this week! Nor did I lose inches. I weighed in on Sunday and am so disappointed! THOUGHTS?

Replies

• techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Keep on trying and make sure you are eating enough.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    So I did not lose any weight this week! Nor did I lose inches. I weighed in on Sunday and am so disappointed! THOUGHTS?

Not enough time has elapsed to make any conclusions about anything. Keep at it and be patient.
  • Sometimes it just take time and not every week there will be weight loss but when u do see the weight loss u will be proud.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Went back 5 days in your diet and you're consistently well under your target - you need to eat the calories or your body won't have the energy it needs to burn fat.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    I feel your pain!! I have hit a plateau as well... been the same weight since before Christmas!! So I am on my fourth week of it...very frustrating. However, I decided that I needed to "shake things up a bit". I started the 30 day shred on Friday, Jan 20th. I took measurements before I started and will not check on the progress of inches lost until day 10. Try not to get too frustrated and like everyone will tell you.... just push your way through it. It has to end sometime... THAT is what I keep telling myself. Good luck and hope you the scale moves "in the right direction" soon for you!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    A plateau in weightloss is much longer than just one week. Weight loss is not linear. You may go up and down, or stay the same along the way. You simply won't always lose every week. In the grand scheme of things, one week is insignificant.

Aside from that, the scale is the least reliable indication of progress. Water weight can mask small weight losses. Even measuring doesn't always show you the minor changes in your body. You can't meaure that fat loss on your face, neck, and places in between where you measured. For a few weeks, I didn't lose any inches on my hips or waist, but from the pics you can see I lost a lot between those two places. You can't measure everywhere.
    Check out this link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie

ETA- I know it is hard but if you let yourself get too wrapped up in the weekly scale numbers, you may end up driving yourself crazy. You have to keep with it. Changes will come. If you have a few weeks, with no visible changes and no scale loss, than maybe start looking at changes.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Went back 5 days in your diet and you're consistently well under your target - you need to eat the calories or your body won't have the energy it needs to burn fat.

THIS

You're eating too little. This works for about 2 weeks and then you will note you will lose next to nothing. Voila, thats where you are. Eat your assigned calories with nutritionally dense foods. Also increase your protein intake. This will help prevent muscle wasting.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    After reading other replies, I checked your food diary as well. Eat!!! Especially if you are exercising you need to fuel your body. Add more whole food. You have very little veggies. Yesterday you may have had one serving. You have no fruit at all that I have seen.

ETA - your elliptical burn seems really high. I would encourage you to eat back some of those calories, but not all unless you are sure that you are burning that high.