Are you becoming obsessive?

Options
I just started on MFP a week ago, and I find myself telling people "Did you know such-and-such has THIS MANY calories?! You shouldn't eat that..."

I'm becoming obsessed!!! At least here, I have some kind of outlet! haha

Replies

• leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that is a bad thing! You are more aware of what you are eating, which isn't bad!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that is a bad thing! You are more aware of what you are eating, which isn't bad!

But I'm turning my nose up at what OTHER people eat... lol
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have always been like that since I started tracking what I eat, but I usually don't tell people its bad/shouldn't eat it unless they ask. I've found that others especially those not tracking get very annoyed when calories etc are pointed out to them.

I love coming on here because it is an outlet -enjoy :)
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This is because you are learning new things and want others to know as well but...perhaps you would soon learn not to overtell others about calories or else they would start getting irritated.
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    I'm obsessed too! It just means we're super focused and that's good! :)
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS been obsessed! And people are now used to it! They even ask me how many calories things have!!

Its a good thing - trust me. When you are out and about, you know how many calories are in certain things and what you can or cannot eat!

xx
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    This is because you are learning new things and want others to know as well but...perhaps you would soon learn not to overtell others about calories or else they would start getting irritated.

I try to contain it, that's why I like this place. Like a boiled egg has STUPID calories. like 150 or something, for ONE egg. :grumble:
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have definitely become obsessed since joining a few weeks ago and am actually SHOCKED most of the time when I see how many calories are in things.. I am trying really hard to be good though and cant wait to start seeing some results! I read peoples success stories on here and its great! I hope I can be one of those soon! :D
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Once you realize that no ones going to listen to your advice anyway, you'll learn to keep things to yourself and be a lot happier.

Give it a few months, you'll be as jaded as me in no time.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

I try to contain it, that's why I like this place. Like a boiled egg has STUPID calories. like 150 or something, for ONE egg. :grumble:

A large egg is 70 calories
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ^^I was just about to say that. lol
  • michaeltoye
    Options

that's a big chicken ;-)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

A large egg is 70 calories

I think I may have put a cup instead of just an egg when I put it in my food log. oops!
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Maybe its a goose egg?!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Maybe its a goose egg?!

hahaha maybe
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I think I broke the internet...

But yea, like they said, no way is a boiled egg that many calories.

Also, I understand the obsessiveness. However I try my best to NOT allow it to happen and not talk about it to others. Why? Because I need to have a healthy relationship with food and obsessing over every. single. bite. will not allow that. I also don't want to annoy my friends who are being so supportive!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

But I'm turning my nose up at what OTHER people eat... lol

Do you want us to tell you that you are bad?
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Obsession is a key to achieve something so it's not bad.So you can talk about all the stuff here because we all here are more or less obssesive about fitness.Usually talking too much about fitness/calories might not be a good idea with everyone.

btw may I see the link which says egg has 150 calories? This is because last time I checked it was about 70 for whole egg and 15 for egg white.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

no no no no, don't be going thinking eggs are bad!! They have 70 for one egg and they are brilliant for quick breakfast, super healthy lunch or anything. Good calories vs bad calories.

Sorry I'm a huge egg lover!!! And totally know what you mean by calorie know how. I like to watch others eat. But don't tell anyone!!

:drinker:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with watching what I eat. My co-workers ask me all the time how many calories are in this or that. Be careful, or you will soon find yourself showing someone an awesome butt exercise in a crowded bar. Yea... I did that! LOL