Healthy fast food?!

Options
Just my luck I forgot my awesome healthy lunch at home. So is there any healthy fast food? Or maybe not healthy but at least with the less calories?

Replies

• bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sushi?

i.e. Nigiri and sashimi - california rolls and other stuff with mayo or tempura fillings can have more calories than you expect!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Subway with lean meats and no mayo in a wrap!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Sushi can be.
    Chipotle isn't awful for you, if you avoid the vinaigrette dressing, guacamole, and the tortillas and tortilla chips.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    what about a pre made lunch from a grocery store or deli? Like a salad or pasta?
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Qdoba Naked Taco Salad.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Fresco tacos at Taco Bell are 150 calories a piece. You can build your own sandwich on Subway.com to see the calorie count. (I usually get a turkey and bacon melt with veggies and a bag of Baked Lays for under 500 calories).
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I vote for either sushi or subway. Is there a grocery store near you? You could grab the ready made salads, veggie dip tray, healthy sandwich.
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's been a little while, but Taco Bell has their "healthy" menu.

A single Fresco chicken burrito has 350 calories. The key to it is to only eat one. It's been enough to fill me up.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I eat at subway. Oven roasted chicken, whole wheat bread, no cheese, light mayo = 370 calories or so.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwiches from Wendy's or Chic-Fil-A. Chic-Fil-A also has fruit bowls and yogurt instead of fries. Wendy's has side salads. My go-to fast food meal from Wendy's is a grilled chicken sandwich, plain, and a caesar side salad (but I don't eat the dressing). IMO, Wendy's tastes better than Chic-Fil-A.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I just recently learned that the Chargrilled Chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A is actually not too bad. I think it's only got like 4 grams of fat. And it's served on a wheat bun.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Panera has a ton of healthy options (though they can be higher in sodium); Subway is a good choice if you watch your toppings (cheese, oil, etc.). A salad or wrap at a deli, as someone above mentioned, can be good if you make smart choices.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Is there a Jimmy Johns near you?
  • Haven29455
    Haven29455 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Chick-fil-a grilled chicken nuggets are delicious!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    go to McDs webite and create your meal. I use this for days i have to run around. I love their grilled chicken sandwich no mayo and a parfait for 400 calories and like 5-6 grams of fat
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Don't order a combo meal. Order small or kids portions of items. Bring your own water/drink.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds oatmeal- mine is around 200 (highish in sugar)
    Chipotle Bowl- Mine is just over 350 cals for the whole bowl
    Wendys Spicy nuggest- 230cals for 5 of them and filling!!!

Starbucks has a few good warm sandwhiches and such. NO PASTRIES!!! (I worked there... never eat them!!)

Subway of course.
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling sandwich-y, Jimmy Johns has great options-I love their Beach Club Unwich (lettuce wrap)
    Also, interestingly enough, Hardees has low-carb options on most of their burgers. They sub a lettuce wrap for the bun and you save a bunch of calories. It's a little messy, but very tasty and will satisfy your burger fix.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Sushi?

i.e. Nigiri and sashimi - california rolls and other stuff with mayo or tempura fillings can have more calories than you expect!

Def pick sashimi -- sushi is actually loaded with calories