5'9 women. 140#?

Options

Replies

• ejt911
    ejt911 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weight 141. I feel my best between 145-150. Even 155 at that height still looks good so go for it!
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    My goal is 175 at the lightest... 180 was a dream for me lol
  • amyrp8c
    amyrp8c Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hi im 5ft 9" in my profile pic im 150lbs i want to get down to 140lbs atm im still 150lb and cant get that extra 10lb off at all, i exercise 6 times a week and i dont go over 1400 calories a day dont no what to do!?
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently weight 153 (ish LOL)

My goal weight is 140....BUT I would actually love to start weight lifting so I am thinking that i am not going to go by the scale any more and focus more on clothes size.

With that said, my current size is between a 10 - 12 with a goal size of 8 - 10 (this is US sizes)
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my lowest (adult) weight was 130. And that was HARD to achieve. I was young and taking diet pills, not eating enough, exercising like crazy... I may have gone a little below that at one point but, I was borderline anorexic. There are people who are naturally thin and completely happy/healthy in that body, or smaller, but it's not me. My goal weight, right now, is 150. That's a very achievable, healthy, weight for me.
    Now, the toning up is a whole other story. I don't know if I have the ambition to get as toned as I once was. At this point I'll be happy just losing the weight that I gained. But, I'm a humble mom with 2 kids. We'll see.
    I don't have much desire to really "tone up" either. Even though I am only 21 (with two kids) and many people say "WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO?!"...Eh. As long as everything isnt jiggling when I walk, I'm fine. Lol! Like I said some parts of my body does seem to gain muscle very easily, without me really trying. But I'm not going to go crazy on weight training to get a 6 pack or anything! (:
  • LouisaMoss
    LouisaMoss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 5' 9" and my goal is 140lbs. I was there before I had my daughter and I was between a UK 10/12.
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and in my profile pic I'm 136 and think I look just fine :) Take it slow and see how it goes... you can always change your goal once you get there!
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses! For those that suggested I look at pictures on their profile I will do that shortly!

I do understand there are different body types and what is good for one isn't always good for the next! And I DO plan to get to 160 and go from there until I feel at my best. I was just kind of wanting some ideas. (:

Ive been told all of my life I was "big boned" but I never understood that conclusion. With all the fat I have carried around how do you determine your frame size? I DO know I have "thunder thighs" as we call them. They gain muscle very easily. My sister once told me she was jealous of my "thunder thighs" and "ghetto booty"? (I assume she was saying it was big?) LOL!

My body fat % (According to my scale- I can't really afford a gym membership or anything right now) is 48%. So my question for the lady who suggested I focus more on the body fat % then weight, what % should I aim for? (is that a stupid question? ha ha I really have no clue!)

Hiya,

I've been told that a rule of thumb for "big boned" is a 7-inch wrist. I'm a big-boned Welsh Wench. Most bracelets don't fit me, and not because of having fat wrists LOL. Big boned women also usually have big wide mama hip-bones, not like our more "elven" small-framed sisters.

I'm 5'8, and my goal is 160. I'll see what I look like then; but I doubt that 130 would be good for me.
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently weight 153 (ish LOL)

My goal weight is 140....BUT I would actually love to start weight lifting so I am thinking that i am not going to go by the scale any more and focus more on clothes size.

With that said, my current size is between a 10 - 12 with a goal size of 8 - 10 (this is US sizes)
    What I would give to be in a 10! HAHA!!! I can't remember being smaller then a 16.
    Well actually I think when I was 8-10yrs old I was in a 10-12....
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    hi im 5ft 9" in my profile pic im 150lbs i want to get down to 140lbs atm im still 150lb and cant get that extra 10lb off at all, i exercise 6 times a week and i dont go over 1400 calories a day dont no what to do!?

You look great!
    I've heard that some peoples bodies will just kind of "stop" at some point. Like their bodies think it's at a good weight. How long have you been at 150 without losing? It could just be a plato (I know that is spelled wrong) and zig zgging cals or changing up your work outs may help.
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses! For those that suggested I look at pictures on their profile I will do that shortly!

I do understand there are different body types and what is good for one isn't always good for the next! And I DO plan to get to 160 and go from there until I feel at my best. I was just kind of wanting some ideas. (:

Ive been told all of my life I was "big boned" but I never understood that conclusion. With all the fat I have carried around how do you determine your frame size? I DO know I have "thunder thighs" as we call them. They gain muscle very easily. My sister once told me she was jealous of my "thunder thighs" and "ghetto booty"? (I assume she was saying it was big?) LOL!

My body fat % (According to my scale- I can't really afford a gym membership or anything right now) is 48%. So my question for the lady who suggested I focus more on the body fat % then weight, what % should I aim for? (is that a stupid question? ha ha I really have no clue!)

Hiya,

I've been told that a rule of thumb for "big boned" is a 7-inch wrist. I'm a big-boned Welsh Wench. Most bracelets don't fit me, and not because of having fat wrists LOL. Big boned women also usually have big wide mama hip-bones, not like our more "elven" small-framed sisters.

I'm 5'8, and my goal is 160. I'll see what I look like then; but I doubt that 130 would be good for me.
    How do you measure your wrists without the fat though? I mean my wrists aren't FAT FAT with rolls or anything but I'm sure there is a little something there.
    Mine do actually measure 7inches though, and ive never been able to fit bracelets either. I always just thought it was because I was fat, because even as a kid they didnt fit.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 200lbs. I'm currently at 262ish from 280lbs. When I read your title, I was a little horrified, because 140lbs seems so low to me for our height.

I have to remember that not everyone who is my height is also my body composition. I am 5'9", but if I were to get down to 140lbs I would be a rack of bones with no muscle tone. Why? My body produces more testosterone than it's supposed to and I therefore have a much heavier & larger bone structure and much more dense musculature than the average 5'9" female. I wear a size 12 shoe and a size 9 glove- you can see the bones and tendons in my hands and feet, so their size isn't due to layers of fat.
    At my current weight, my hip bones are noticeable and my ribs can easily be felt.

Good luck getting down to 140lbs!
  • amyrp8c
    amyrp8c Posts: 41 Member
    Options

You look great!
    I've heard that some peoples bodies will just kind of "stop" at some point. Like their bodies think it's at a good weight. How long have you been at 150 without losing? It could just be a plato (I know that is spelled wrong) and zig zgging cals or changing up your work outs may help.

I havent lost any weight now in about 6 weeks, i was thinking of trying the zigzag calorie thing so think ill do some research on that. im currently training for a marathon so I run 3-4days a week and i also attended areobic classes 3-4 times a week aswel. hoping something works soon :)

Good luck with ur GW aswel
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a large bone structure and at 140 I looked fine. When I stood next to my petite peers, I still felt "fat". <sigh> I wish I could slap some sense into that old me. Unfortunately, I don't have any digital pictures because it was so long ago! lol
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options

You look great!

I havent lost any weight now in about 6 weeks, i was thinking of trying the zigzag calorie thing so think ill do some research on that. im currently training for a marathon so I run 3-4days a week and i also attended areobic classes 3-4 times a week aswel. hoping something works soon :)

Good luck with ur GW aswel

I have heard weights help? Sounds like you get plenty of cardio! :) Maybe sub Jillian's 30day shred for the aerobics for a month or two?
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and CW is 159 on a good day. I wear a size 6 and its is ONLY because of lifting heavy weights. In my profile pic I weighed 169 and was wearing a size 10/8. I would like to get to 150 but I am more interested in how my clothes fit, and measurements. I have fitness goals of bench pressing my body weight and doing a pull-up by July. Body Fat % is also more important to me then the scale number, would love to get to a 20%, I think I am about a 24% now. Goals are great and if you break them up in smaller pieces I think it is easier. Don't ever give up and whatever your goal is can be reached. Keep on keeping on!
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 200lbs. I'm currently at 262ish from 280lbs. When I read your title, I was a little horrified, because 140lbs seems so low to me for our height.

I have to remember that not everyone who is my height is also my body composition. I am 5'9", but if I were to get down to 140lbs I would be a rack of bones with no muscle tone. Why? My body produces more testosterone than it's supposed to and I therefore have a much heavier & larger bone structure and much more dense musculature than the average 5'9" female. I wear a size 12 shoe and a size 9 glove- you can see the bones and tendons in my hands and feet, so their size isn't due to layers of fat.
    At my current weight, my hip bones are noticeable and my ribs can easily be felt.

Good luck getting down to 140lbs!

It's amazing how bodies differ from person to person! I don't know what glove sizes are but I wear a US size 11 shoe. I've always thought my feet weren't proportioned with the rest of my body because they are very thin. I can see my my bones and all that in them too! my ribs and hips aren't noticeable though without feeling around for them!

Thanks for the well wishes!
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    Everyone's body is super different. My mom and I are just about the same height (5'8") and she has a much larger bone structure. Our body fat percentages are about the same BUT her lean body mass is 125LBS mine is 98LBS and I weigh 117lbs which means that all of me weighs less than her muscle/organ/bone mass. Body shape and structure plays a huge role. The most important thing is being healthy. :) Admittedly i am a little underweight but i am working on building some muscle :P
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my original goal was 156, right in the middle of my healthy weight range. I am down to 144 and would like to be 132. My pic is at 135 or so, so I am working on loosing again. I strayed a little bit, but liked how I looked at 135.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is super different. My mom and I are just about the same height (5'8") and she has a much larger bone structure. Our body fat percentages are about the same BUT her lean body mass is 125LBS mine is 98LBS and I weigh 117lbs which means that all of me weighs less than her muscle/organ/bone mass. Body shape and structure plays a huge role. The most important thing is being healthy. :) Admittedly i am a little underweight but i am working on building some muscle :P

My mother weighs about the same as I do, but she's five inches shorter. I'm big enough that she can hide behind me completely. Her bone structure is *so* different from mine. I definitely take after Dad's side of the family.