Could it have been The One?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    "It's a Wonderful Life"
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Insidious? That one had the husband going into an alternate universe. Quite a good horror flick.

JM
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It does sounds like What Dreams May Come.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Insidious? That one had the husband going into an alternate universe. Quite a good horror flick.

JM

That was good, but the plot doesn't really fit the one he described.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Not sure but it sounds a little bit like 'What Dreams May Come' with Robin Williams.

My guess, too. FANTASTIC movie, btw

Gets my vote.
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    If you know the actors if would help a lot. But I can think of a couple.

Many have said "What Dreams May Come", which is about Robin Williams dying, and then trying to find his wife in the afterlife because she committed suicide.

There's "The Family Man" with Nicholas Cage who gets to experience an alternate reality where he married his high-school sweetheart, in a kind of Scrooge Christmas Carol kind of way.

There's "The One" with Jet Li, and one of his many 'existences' is a criminal trying to kill all of his other existences in the Multi-verse so that he can become the only one and the most powerful. Carla Gugino is his wife.
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    Thanks guys I checked those out and they aren't it, all I remember was it didn't look like the oldest movies but the cars etc seemed like 50s style? and he was in the lounge room when his wife came home after just getting there. ARGGGH it's driving me nuts
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Now that I refreshed my memory, my suggestion was quite lame.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    Thanks guys I checked those out and they aren't it, all I remember was it didn't look like the oldest movies but the cars etc seemed like 50s style? and he was in the lounge room when his wife came home after just getting there. ARGGGH it's driving me nuts
    "Back to the Future"!
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    It seemed like a happy movie, not like inception/incidious etc.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Bruce Willis was dead the whole time.

That was "Sixth Sense". And he wasn't dead the whole time, he was alive in the first few minutes of the movie before the guy shot him.

Okay Mr. Know-it-all ... you've explained why this and "What Dreams May Come" aren't the movies he's looking for.... so why don't you answer the question and say what movie it is? :bigsmile:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"? Seems a bit like what you describe, loosely...
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    time machine? olden time based at the beginning with his wife
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not sure but it sounds a little bit like 'What Dreams May Come' with Robin Williams.

This was my thought too.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    "It's a Wonderful Life"

LOL!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In "What Dreams May Come", Robin is searching heaven/hell (one of his wife's paintings) for his dead wife. Not and alternate reality. He also doesn't get there right away, it takes a while before he dies in the movie.

SPOILER ALERT.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    Any other clues?
    Set in the US, or elsewhere?
    Remember any of the actors, or anything else they've been in?
    Was set in the 50's, or was it made in the 50's?