Arm Question?

Options
Hi. Fairly new here...don't post much but I have a question about exercising. I just had a c-section 4 weeks ago and have started walking every day for 30 minutes and doing a post natal exercise core conditioning video that I have. I have started to lose weight but I want to know, will the size of my arms go down just from losing weight or am I going to have to do special exercises for that?

I have had to be careful with my arms my whole life as I was a gymnast and my arms tend to bulk up fast and look really muscular which I am not partial to for myself. But they are way larger than I like them to be right now and look huge in pictures and tanktops!

So, is there anything i can do to make them smaller without getting huge and muscular?

Thanks so much in advance for humoring me. I hope this isn't too stupid of a question! :)
:bigsmile:

Replies

• elfmom23
    elfmom23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi. Fairly new here...don't post much but I have a question about exercising. I just had a c-section 4 weeks ago and have started walking every day for 30 minutes and doing a post natal exercise core conditioning video that I have. I have started to lose weight but I want to know, will the size of my arms go down just from losing weight or am I going to have to do special exercises for that?

I have had to be careful with my arms my whole life as I was a gymnast and my arms tend to bulk up fast and look really muscular which I am not partial to for myself. But they are way larger than I like them to be right now and look huge in pictures and tanktops!

So, is there anything i can do to make them smaller without getting huge and muscular?

Thanks so much in advance for humoring me. I hope this isn't too stupid of a question! :)
    :bigsmile:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    your arms will shrink with the rest of your body, exercise builds, so if you don't want to bulk up work on your cardio and wait for your body to work off the arm flab.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Good question! I would say if you stick to cardio and do LIGHT strength training, your arms should shrink and get stronger without bulking up. You can't lose inches exactly where you want, but with cardio and light weights/high reps you should notice a change in 3-4 weeks. Good luck!:happy:
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    How about just very light weight dumbells, 2-5 lbs. and just repetition of basic moves??
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    I am glad you asked. That is the part of my body that I try to hide because of the same problem. I have started using 5, 8, and 10 lb reps to get some muscle curves instead of fat. Maybe it would work for you to do lighter weights since you don't want to bulk up? :smile: