Hungry All The Time

Options
I lost 30 pounds a few years back and have done a good job at maintaining that but now I'm interested in losing 10 more pounds. I have signed up for my first half and full marathon this year. The half won't be a problem as I've ran that on my own without any problems but I know that I'll need to be a little lighter on my feet this year to do all the training that will be necessary to get ready for the full.

My problem is eating. I feel hungry all of the time. I find it hard to satisfy myself even when I'm having a meal. I've been told that it has to do with me burning so many calories in the gym and my body is trying to make up for it but I would like to know what everyone else does.

Do you have an eating routine that keeps you satisfied all day?

Replies

• dsoucy03
    Options
    My situation is WAY different than yours, I am still a fatty but I do suffer the hungries all day.
    I have found that a high protein breakfast helps a ton. Greek yogurt with fresh berries and a boiled egg is my staple breakfast, and when that wears off I keep carrots and celery in my desk.
    Don't know if it will help you, but it works wonders for me. Now if only I could get myself motivated enough to work out more...
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I trained for a sprint triathlon and kind of understand your issue. When training for endurance type events, you need to fuel your body. I don't know how many calories your are taking in so I am going to guess that maybe you are either not eating enough food or not eating enough of the good foods your body needs.

If you are not doing it already, I suggest eating every 2 to 3 hours. Make sure you are having protein with each meal.

Another thing you can do is research individuals who run marathons. Jeff Galloway is someone I have referred to for information. He has some information about nutrition that may help.

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/nutrition/index.html