Lost 40 and Dr. says no more Metformin!

Options
2»

Replies

• campbellcjdm
    Options
    LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !! LUCK !!
    :laugh:
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    Great NSV!! You are doing great things for your body, keep up the good work!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!! So happy for you!! I am waiting on my lab work results to see if I can go off Metformin also. I was borderline diabetic in Jan '11, put on Metformin for PCOS, and every 3months my lab work has improved with my weight loss. This post has totally made me smile!
    Amazing job!
  • bugs5697
    Options
    Woooohoooo!!! Way to go! Congratulations!!
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    great job!!! Congrats!!!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor's office. Last July, I was diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic. Since then, I've lost 40 lbs and my A1C has gone down from 12 to 5.8!!! Dr. says I "made his day". For those not familiar with A1C blood tests, 5.8 is considered to be in the normal range. (12 is considered totally out of control diabetic) Based on the latest tests, I'm off of the Metformin for the next 3 months and will go back for another blood test in April. So my goal for the next 3 months is to lose an additional 10-12 lbs and to maintain my A1C within the normal range.

Wish me luck!

Great news! Way to turn things your way. You are my new inspiration!

I'm right there with you, man. A1C of 9.9 and fasting glucose of 262 at the doctor's office. He said meds. I said no. So far, down 43 lbs. (lost 10 the first week). Fasting blood sugar down to 109. The doctor visit was 9 weeks ago. I'm due to go back in 5 or 6 weeks.

It gives me great hope to know that I (we all) may be able to whip this thing. Congrats again on the great news and perseverance!
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that with us..congrats!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!