What does your grocery route look like??

hope516
hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
I read somewhere that in order to be eating healthy you should only be shopping on the "outskirts" of the grocery store. As in meats, fruits and veggies, dairy, and basically away from the middle. As in frozen, canned, and processed food. I realized yesterday as I was grocery shopping that I really do basically stay away from the middle section of the store. The only time I venture into this cornacopia of processed delights is to get my packaged tuna, oatmeal, and seasonings.

What does your route look like?

4hpe9e.png

Replies

• techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Mine is usually a mess. One end, back to the other, back to the other. Seems I always forget things. I stay mainly on the outside, but still get a bunch of stuff for the inside ailes too. I buy a lot more frozen veggies and fruit just because I'm good at letting things go bad.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    The middle of the store has plenty of healthy items that I buy. Beans (dried and canned varieties), brown rice, oatmeal, canned salmon, whole wheat flours for making my home made bread, items I buy from bulk bins (nuts, quinoa, seeds, specialty flours, etc.). In theory, yes you should shop the perimeter. In actuality what that means is stay away from processed, prepackaged food items.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    A lot of stores are realizing this and are putting more processed foods, bakery and breads at the beginning of the store. They are hoping you impulse buy. It's hard but Close you eyes and walk on by and like we are always told, Don't go hungry.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    i go every where amd back and forth in and out ect lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Like this (excuse the poor drawing)

groceries.png
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Up and down every single aisle, pausing longest at the sweet and snacks aisle, seeing if i want to try something new this week :D