help...

Options
i always do the same thing when i workout which is running and situp/pushup does anyone have different workout

Replies

• italianbellax3
    Options
    i always do the same thing when i workout which is running and situp/pushup does anyone have different workout
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Walking at the park.
    Weight lifting.
    Playing ball.
    Dancing.
    Bike ridding
    Horse ridding
    swiming
    Joining a class at your local gym.
    Just a few that come to mind. :smile:
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Spinning Classes. Swimming Laps is a great cardio workout also.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I used to always do the same thing too. But, here's what I do now.

Mon-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Tues-1 hour Body Pump class(weight lifting) and 1 hour yoga
    Wed-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Thurs- 1 hour Step class, 1 hour Body Pump class
    Fri-1-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Sat- 1 hour Spinning class, 1 hour Body Pump class
    Sun-rest (cleaning and laundry at home)

I try and mix up my cardio...so if I do an hour elliptical and an hour treadmill on Mon, then I'll do 1.5 hours on the treadmill (maybe a hill program) and then a half hour on a recumbant bike on Wed, etc..etc.. So, I try and mix things up. And I ALWAYS listen to my body. If I need a break...I do some lighter stuff. Maybe an hour long video at home. I've been thinking about trying a kickboxing class. I'm all about the variety!! Good luck to you! Just find something you enjoy!

*Kistinbee*
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I used to always do the same thing too. But, here's what I do now.

Mon-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Tues-1 hour Body Pump class(weight lifting) and 1 hour yoga
    Wed-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Thurs- 1 hour Step class, 1 hour Body Pump class
    Fri-1-2 hours cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike)
    Sat- 1 hour Spinning class, 1 hour Body Pump class
    Sun-rest (cleaning and laundry at home)

I try and mix up my cardio...so if I do an hour elliptical and an hour treadmill on Mon, then I'll do 1.5 hours on the treadmill (maybe a hill program) and then a half hour on a recumbant bike on Wed, etc..etc.. So, I try and mix things up. And I ALWAYS listen to my body. If I need a break...I do some lighter stuff. Maybe an hour long video at home. I've been thinking about trying a kickboxing class. I'm all about the variety!! Good luck to you! Just find something you enjoy!

*Kistinbee*

That is quite a workout session you have there.
  • tekrueger
    Options
    Way to go Kistinbee!! And, I thought I did a lot.
    I swim with a club three times a week, I swim (interval training) on my own 2-3 times a week.
    I also do weights and cardio for 2 hrs at least three times a week.
    Swimming my passion :love: but I found I really like weight lifting too.
    There's lots of options out there just stick with one or two things that you really like BECAUSE you'll do them! :smile:
    -Thomas
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You know...I never used to be like this. But I have this STRONG motivation right now and I seriously LOVE working out! It makes me feel so much better! My husband thought I was crazy but now he's at the gym just about as much as I am! And I plan my days around my workout, rather than the other way around. Of course my family comes first. I would never jeprodize (<--sp?) time with my family, but I have made exercise a priority in my life as well. And I LOVE it! I used to be a swimmer (tekrueger) all through school. But, my senior year of highschool provided an injured shoulder that would not allow anymore swimming. That's when I gained weight. And now I've found a new passion...working out. And the weights finally coming off! So, yeah...I work out a lot. Never thought I would. But for some reason, the drive is there and I'm gonna stick with it! So, good luck to you guys! And don't get discouraged if you don't work out as hard or as often. This is something that I built up to!

*Kistinbee*
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    i never heard of spinning class, what is that?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    High intense stationary bicycling...with an instructor and music and he/she makes you go fast and slow and up and down. Its hard work and it pays off.

i can't do it...I tried and failed I refuse to try again. hahaahha But I know a zillion people who swear by it.
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    o i see it seems hard but i dont think i have it here