The Last Few Pounds

Options
Anyone at this point? How do you keep things moving when your loss seems to be slowing down? I'm talking 5-6 pounds here that are moving like molasses!:laugh:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. The less you have to lose the slower it comes off. :drinker:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stopped at the last 10 pounds. I upped my calories to a 0.5 lb/week loss and everything started moving again, albeit slower. Also, I have found exercise makes more difference in body composition at the end of weight loss than it does when you first start out.
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am in the same slow boat to china. I have 3-4 lbs left and it is driving me nuts. I agree, just need to be patient and keep up the hard work. This is going to be life for me. I don't ever want to do all this again, so whats another few months.
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    Not there yet but hopefully will be soon-- I am trying to go from 177 closer to a 150. I am also glad I found this website though it has helped me become a healtiher eater. Never before do I really watch what I was eating and wonder what it was doing to my weight.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm with you as well. I changed things up in early January in the hopes of shocking my body - we'll see what happens now. :smile:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stopped at the last 10 pounds.... I upped my calories to a 0.5 lb/week loss and everything started moving again, albeit slower. Also, I have found exercise makes more difference in body composition at the end of weight loss than it does when you first start out.

I, too, went to 1/2 lb/week for the last 10 lbs.

For the last 5 lbs every time I lost a pound instead of letting MFP take away calories, I added 100 calories so that I'd be at my maintenance calories by the time I hit my goal.

Actually I'm at maintenance for 140 instead of 145, because I wanted a little wiggle room for trial and error in coming up with some guidelines that will help me stick to the maintenance portion of the program.