Wanting to go back to work after being SAHM.

Options
I have a bachelors in El. Ed. and taught for a few years (kindergarten) before having my first child 12 years ago. Teaching was not for me and dont ever want to go back. I had my last child 6 1/2 years ago. I had to do something to help our financial siutation so I took on babysitting babies. I said I would stop once my youngest started Kindergarten. Well she is now in 1st grade. I want to do something I truly enjoy. I have never had a job I thought "hey I like what I do." I have always (and should have gone into this field 20 years ago) been into fitness and nutrition.

My question is...is there anything I can do with my bachelors in education in Fitness & Nutrition that wouldnt involve years of schooling. I looked into Physical therapy but would actually have to commute to a town 3 hours away. I also dont know if I could actually be a personal trainer. Would love something in Nutrition but where and what? But how do I get started? I wouldnt even know of a good online school program. Certifications? I'm clueless.

Any ideas?

Replies

• thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I understand and totally emphathize with your situation. I have a BA in English Lit & Geog and and a masters degree. I have been unemployed for quite a while, and have come to realize that I'm not interested in working in the same field as my education. I'd love to get involved with fitness and nutrition but I've a feeling that it will take a lot of schooling unfortunately, which I cannot afford right now (or in the long term, really). Best of luck with whatever the outcome, I hope you and I both find something we love :flowerforyou:
  • Termolen
    Options
    You would be a good PErsonal trainer You listen to people and understand what they are saying. You answer questions clearly too. What does that place on Dupont do? I thought it was a personal training school.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    You would be a good PErsonal trainer You listen to people and understand what they are saying. You answer questions clearly too. What does that place on Dupont do? I thought it was a personal training school.

Personal training school on Dupont? Had no idea. Might check it out. Just dont know if I have the personality for it though.