Looking for encouraging friends.

Options
So when I started on MFP about a year ago I had a bunch of friends who cheered me on and encouraged me. I did the same to them. It felt like every step of the way we were all there for each other. In the last 5-6 months most of those friends have disappeared and I started looking through the forums for people saying they were looking for friends for encouragement and to encourage. Well I added a bunch of them and looking for encouragement, yes they were but I have yet to hear a "hooray" back. I know it probably seems silly but when I've lost a pound, logged all my food under my calories for the day or logged in for X amount of days in a row I look so forward to seeing those little happy comments.

If you are looking for someone to cheer you on AND who you can cheer on please let me know because I'm not strong enough yet to do this on my own.

Replies

• neveradullmoment
    Options
    I hear ya! It is so much easier when there is a cheering section for ya!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • lissamok
    Options
    Add me. We can do it together :)
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Those comments make such a difference. I am here for you!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. The little comments are what keeps us going. A few people I have as friends are what brought me back when I slipped and fell off the wagon. I am back now and starting again. I need all the encouragement I can get. So I will give as much in return. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Shortone22
    Shortone22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I have never had anyone say I'm too quiet! :)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    You got me doll face!!!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. Positive feedback from others who understand what are working towards is essential
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new friends, you can add me if you would like.
  • shaparra
    shaparra Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me. I just joined about 10 days ago and have found great support. That goes to everyone else , send me friend requests :flowerforyou:
  • kelnort
    kelnort Posts: 17
    Options
    i started about a year ago as well. did not really do much. just started back up recently and am looking for friends too.
  • TrishFowler
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I too am trying to build my network of friends. I definitely need the support. I am great cheerleader as well! :smile:
  • NataliePinNV
    Options
    Count me in. I am still trying to figure this all out, so I may not be tooo loud. But I'd like to try. I need the same encouragement. So,let's do this.:happy:
  • loobie1805
    Options
    i will be your cheering buddy on here. I am new to the site and am just starting out trying to lose some weight - just starting out for the millionth time that is. Have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's so I am hoping that now my thyroid is more under control I might actually be able to lose some weight this time. My husband is dieting with me and is a member on here also, although he doesn't go in for message boards and all that kids of stuff......I love reading about other peoples stories and efforts, so hopefully can make quite a good cheering buddy.

All the best

Lou :happy:
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!! I only have a few that cheer me on also. Sometimes you just need to hear positive words to help get you through the day.
  • Auburngirl91
    Options
    I agree.....I just have started using Myfitnesspal.....I need the encouraging words due to I have not much will power. Please add me as a friend.....I will cheer ya on if you will do the same for me.:smile:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... i am pretty active on here
  • rr10speed
    Options
    I agree! I'm new to this so it might take me a little bit to figure it out! Encouragement helps ALOT!!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. Positive feedback from others who understand what are working towards is essential

I agree you can add me :smile:
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My goodness, you guys sure know how to make a girl feel great! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Feel free to add me as well!!!