Stay-at-home moms 3/23--3/29

Options
:flowerforyou: morning mommies! just starting this week's thread.
have a great morning and will check in later!

vicky--sorry you were stuck with a cold-yuk. glad to hear that you're somewhat better now. gotta get those cupcakes done! :tongue:

later ladies

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning mommies! just starting this week's thread.
    have a great morning and will check in later!

vicky--sorry you were stuck with a cold-yuk. glad to hear that you're somewhat better now. gotta get those cupcakes done! :tongue:

later ladies
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I haven't been on this thread in several weeks. I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing! I hope you are all well!
    I am doing alright. Alex is doing well too. Not a lot to report. I'm just trying to get back on track with exercise and eating better! We are still working on the adoption process. It's time to commit to an agency, so we are doing a lot of praying and waiting to make sure we are signing with the right one.
    That's about it. I'd better get back to it!
    Have a blessed day!
    MM
  • Mom2SS
    Mom2SS Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't post over the weekend, but I'm going to try to check in throughout the week.

I am finally in the right mindset to lose weight. I've been sort of trying but not really sticking to it. My daughter is now 7 months old and the weight stopped coming off about 4 months ago. Now, I am getting it started again.

My major goal right now is to log everything I eat and to only eat at meal and snack times. I allow myself 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (I'm one of those people that gets light headed if I go more then a few hours without food), so really, it isn't that hard. It's just that lately, I've been constantly snacking. I'm on day 5 of sticking to it. Not that long, I know, but for me it's this initial time period that I really have to be on guard and then it gets a little more natural
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    welcome back MM. the adoption process is a huge undertaking. I'm praying for you for the best possible outcome.

morning everyone
    tough weekend here. saturday I was WAY over my calories. it was my son's 14th birthday this sunday and we took him to NYAJ(not your average joes) for dinner on saturday. with all the kids ,plus my parents. talk about stress. I dont often take sam to those places because of his issues. NYAJ has a gluten free menu which was great. the food was really great but I made bad choices.(read creme sauce, alcohol, and creme brule)
    then sunday i was WAY WAY under. made a clam boil and at 2 crabs and a pound of clams. no butter,potatoes, sausage, nothing. had dance class at night and forgot breakfast too. so i had to make up the calories later in the day than I would have liked.
    but otherwise my weight has been stable-ish. up here down there.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I didn't post over the weekend, but I'm going to try to check in throughout the week.

I am finally in the right mindset to lose weight. I've been sort of trying but not really sticking to it. My daughter is now 7 months old and the weight stopped coming off about 4 months ago. Now, I am getting it started again.

My major goal right now is to log everything I eat and to only eat at meal and snack times. I allow myself 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (I'm one of those people that gets light headed if I go more then a few hours without food), so really, it isn't that hard. It's just that lately, I've been constantly snacking. I'm on day 5 of sticking to it. Not that long, I know, but for me it's this initial time period that I really have to be on guard and then it gets a little more natural

best of luck to you
    when your just starting out 5 days feels like an eternity! so Good job keep it up:heart:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning (said sluggishly.)

I hope ya'll had a great weekend. Me and the boys were pretty busy, but that's how it is with everyone isn't it? My middle son, Gavin is 2 and dressed himself this morning for the 1st time. YAY!! I love firsts.:bigsmile:

Redoubt volcano apparently erupted while we were sleeping. So I had to close up all the vents this morning. It's currently 25 degrees out so I'll have to pull out the blankets today...hmm, maybe we will build a tent to play in the livingroom. Sounds like a plan. I'm still nervous a bit, this is my first volcano, but I have been preparing for it for at least a month. So I will put on my game face. I'm really wishing Hubby was here for it though. Danged deployment!!:grumble:

On a happy note, I was supposed to shovel the driveway yesterday, but it was Sunday...my official day of rest. I remembered that I needed to do it this morning as I was coming down the stairs with the boys. Can you believe that one of my neighbors shoveled the driveway for me? They did the porch, and the sidewalks too. How thoughtful is that?! There really are some wonderful people in this world.:wink::happy:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    welcome back MM. the adoption process is a huge undertaking. I'm praying for you for the best possible outcome.

morning everyone
    tough weekend here. saturday I was WAY over my calories. it was my son's 14th birthday this sunday and we took him to NYAJ(not your average joes) for dinner on saturday. with all the kids ,plus my parents. talk about stress. I dont often take sam to those places because of his issues. NYAJ has a gluten free menu which was great. the food was really great but I made bad choices.(read creme sauce, alcohol, and creme brule)
    then sunday i was WAY WAY under. made a clam boil and at 2 crabs and a pound of clams. no butter,potatoes, sausage, nothing. had dance class at night and forgot breakfast too. so i had to make up the calories later in the day than I would have liked.
    but otherwise my weight has been stable-ish. up here down there.

mmmmmmm...not your average joe's :)
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    I was just wondering how to join this group?
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey guys! looks like we have 2 sahm threads going this week :laugh:

stimpy6298- just jump right in...everyone here is great!:smile:

here's the link for the other thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46428-stay-at-home-moms-3-23-3-29