My Story.............

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
I know that I have posted this once before, but I am doing for some of the new people to read:

I am going to share my story with you so, here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 120 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I know that I have posted this once before, but I am doing for some of the new people to read:

I am going to share my story with you so, here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 120 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "I can do it and I will do it" awsome attitude :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You have an awesome attitude.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    "I can do it and I will do it" awsome attitude :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

That is what I tell myself every day, thanks.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You have an awesome attitude.

You are welcome and thanks.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!:happy:

thanks, and I will.
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this again! You really inspire me and I know you are inspiring others. I think all of us have been conditioned to think that something as basic as counting calories won't work. It was a real light bulb moment when a casual friend at the gym suggested counting calories for the weight I was hoping to lose. Genius! And here I had been searching all these years for the "magical diet" that would keep me fit and my weight where I wanted it and all just for giving up carbs OR protein OR fat OR whatever. Yeah right! Those types of diets STINK! And once I quit any of those diets it was like a race to put all the weight back on, and then some.

The key is moderation. A little bit of the not-so-good balanced by lots of really-good-for-you-good and here I am losing weight but not feeling deprived. I guess this is what they mean by "lifestyle" change.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this again! You really inspire me and I know you are inspiring others. I think all of us have been conditioned to think that something as basic as counting calories won't work. It was a real light bulb moment when a casual friend at the gym suggested counting calories for the weight I was hoping to lose. Genius! And here I had been searching all these years for the "magical diet" that would keep me fit and my weight where I wanted it and all just for giving up carbs OR protein OR fat OR whatever. Yeah right! Those types of diets STINK! And once I quit any of those diets it was like a race to put all the weight back on, and then some.

The key is moderation. A little bit of the not-so-good balanced by lots of really-good-for-you-good and here I am losing weight but not feeling deprived. I guess this is what they mean by "lifestyle" change.

you are very welcome. I have tried so many different things and this is the only thing that has ever worked this well for me, and once I get this weight off, I don't ever want it to come back. Everything you said is absoultly right.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    very inspiring, its awesome to know that all of us are new people in the works,i had my first ooops last night and consumed an entire Tony's pizza :blushing: but Im back on today and I was looking for motivation and found it, thanks!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, being an inspiration to everyone here and becoming a role model for your kids! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    very inspiring, its awesome to know that all of us are new people in the works,i had my first ooops last night and consumed an entire Tony's pizza :blushing: but Im back on today and I was looking for motivation and found it, thanks!

You are very welcome and don't beat yourself up over it, just get back on it like you said you are. I hope you have a great day.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, being an inspiration to everyone here and becoming a role model for your kids! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:

you are more than welcome. and thanks.
  • ginaoakes
    ginaoakes Posts: 84
    Options
    With such an EXCELLENT attitude I know you WILL do it :happy: Take it one day at a time and the difference is a lifestyle change not a diet. . . so it WILL last this time !! Keep up the great work.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    With such an EXCELLENT attitude I know you WILL do it :happy: Take it one day at a time and the difference is a lifestyle change not a diet. . . so it WILL last this time !! Keep up the great work.

thank you. and yes it is a lifstyle change not a diet. I keep telling my hubby this, he keeps calling it a diet and I am like no it isn't, LOL. :laugh: :laugh:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Amazing story! Very inspiring!

PS I also really like your verse, its a great one! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Amazing story! Very inspiring!

PS I also really like your verse, its a great one! :smile:

thanks, the verse is my favorite and every time I feel discouraged I look at it and it reminds me that I can do this.
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    You are inspiring and have a great attitude. You'll set a standard for your children and that's a wonderful thing. I know one thing, calories still count no matter what fads come along because our bodies don't change. So glad you posted your story.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You are inspiring and have a great attitude. You'll set a standard for your children and that's a wonderful thing. I know one thing, calories still count no matter what fads come along because our bodies don't change. So glad you posted your story.

thanks so much, the most important thing is that I want to be healthy, and I want to set a good standard for my kids, I don't want them to know what it is like to be like this and to be made fun of in school because of being different from everyone else. Kids are so mean in school, I went thru a lot for being overweight but that is all behind me now.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    bump, would like some others to read.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!