Another weight training question

Options
My last weights workout I did I felt like I was spending so much time going from machine to machine, so I opted today to do dead lifts, squats, chest presses(machine-I'll do bench press when I'm more comfortable) and using the pull up machine thing(my goal for year end is to be able to do one without the machine!)
I asked the trainer there if I had hit every muscle group and he said to do calf muscles and if I wanted, more focus on biceps if I wanted help with my arms. So I did bicep curls and the calf extension machine as well.

So-is this enough? I did 3 sets of all of them, ranging from 15 reps for the calf raise things to more like 8, 6 and 4(heaviest weight I could handle without hurting myself).

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It is more than enough, i would even say too much. I seperate my upper and lower body by atleast a day so one can repair while i attack the other.

Monday: Dead-lifts and assiting muscles
    Tuesday: Bench and assiting
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Squats and assiting
    Friday: Overhead Press
    Saturday: Dyno, Oly, and Vanity
    Sunday: Rest.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I can only get to the gym 2, MAYBE 3 days a week for weights, so I feel like I need to do full body the 2x I do go. The other day I go I do HIIT, and there is no way I can physically lift after doing it. If I have an extra day at the gym, I do whatever is time to do next.
    Like this Sunday I was able to go-weights
    Yesterday rest
    Today weights
    tomorrow will be HIIT
    Thursday weights
    Friday-Monday are all up in the air and vary week to week. I MIGHT get a day at the gym, might not, might get 2-3 extra. I'm afraid if I split up body parts, I'll start missing days and losing track of what was worked last or go over a week without hitting certain areas.