Plateau?

Options
So, im new at this "Real" dieting and working out thing. I hear alot, read alot, and know about plateauing, but just wondering WHEN It usually happens? What do you do to overcome it, and get back on the losing train? I bet it can be very discourraging, and I can see myself falling into that department! I'll be very honest and say that when the time comes.. im going to have to muster up ALL my will power to overcome that.. IF its as hard as some people say. I know its different for everyone.. but would just love some feed back, for the future. :happy:

Replies

• KatrineJohansen
    KatrineJohansen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, what I do when it happens (usually every two months or somewhen)

a) Eat around 500 more calories than I usually do, just for one day. Still healthy though. That pushes me around like 150 calories above maintenance. I do this to re-awaken my metabolism, that tends to slow down sometimes when I eat the exact same amount of food every day.

b) If I've been doing a lot of strength exercise for a while, I start doing a bit more cardio. In the opposite case, I do more strength exercise. :D
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    ill be right with you :0) this is my first time "REAL" dieting too. we will get there though x
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So is it the slowing of the metabolism that causes it? Im sorry.. I probably seam like such an idiot for asking thinks liek this :embarassed:
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ill be right with you :0) this is my first time "REAL" dieting too. we will get there though x

Well get there together Girl! :flowerforyou:
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I seem to Plateau quite a bit so what I try to do is zip zag diet for a week then the next week not eat workout calories less than 300 and go up and down like that, it seems to help ME but everyone is different.
  • nicbur22
    Options
    Im currently trying to get through a plateau... its no fun!! Im just trying to push a little extra at the gym and making sure my eating is on point. Hopefully I will push through it because it is very annoying!!! :)
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have hit a plateau for almost a month now. I am slowly losing my mind. Its hard to not get discouraged, but somehow I find the strength to keep my butt going to the gym. And what REALLY sucks is I am on the EDGE of hitting ONDERLAND. I cant waitttttttttttt, and it isn't coming FAST enough darn it!
  • nicbur22
    Options
    i feel your pain girl.... haha