Spike day - is it ok?

Options
So each week my body naturally tells me when it wants more food. I am constantly hungry for the whole day. Is it ok to have a spike day on different days of the week or should it be a set day each week?

Replies

• BigDaddy822
    Options
    I have one cheat day every week. Where I go a little overboard. It does not matter what day its on as long as you do not overdue it too much. But then again I always punish myself for it when I get back in the gym
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i always have a cheat day at least once a week.....keeps me sane and helps me eat right the rest of the week.
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days yesterday. I swear I Was a bottomless pit. Nothing I ate satisfied me. It was horrible.
  • doornumber03
    Options
    to answer the actual question (sorry read that wrong) it's fine to do a cheat day on different days of the week....it doesn't always have to be on friday etc.....I call it a cheat day because, let's be honest.....It's a cheat day not a spike day. :laugh:
  • goldstar1982
    goldstar1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think defo allow yourself a treat day u will b happier for it!!! Jus exercise a bit more!! I on the other hand hav to b strict on my self on myself jus cuz i dont knw when to stop .. But im hoping to work on thr by havin treat days!! Some ppl still loose even eatin treats
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat day every week. Where I go a little overboard. It does not matter what day its on as long as you do not overdue it too much. But then again I always punish myself for it when I get back in the gym

Thank you. I was hoping that it didn't matter what day it was as my body doesn't seem to want it on a set day!
  • Sepa
    Options
    to answer the actual question (sorry read that wrong) it's fine to do a cheat day on different days of the week....it doesn't always have to be on friday etc.....I call it a cheat day because, let's be honest.....It's a cheat day not a spike day. :laugh:

It completely is a cheat day. Hehe. Mine was sooo yummy. Usually I am fine with sticking in my limit
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    oh i had one of those days yesterday too!!! anything and everything i could eat, i did!!! i felt so bad about it but today it was fine. i am chalking it up to my body wanting more!!! a cheat day every once and a while is good for you. revs metabolism and keeps your body changing!!!! :)
  • doornumber03
    Options

It completely is a cheat day. Hehe. Mine was sooo yummy. Usually I am fine with sticking in my limit

Buffalo Wings on friday night.....Heck ya that's cheating.....and i love it! I swear if i didn't do that i'd just fall off the wagon and go on a food binje
  • Sepa
    Options
    Thanks or all your help guys. Much appreciated :laugh:
  • Sepa
    Options

Buffalo Wings on friday night.....Heck ya that's cheating.....and i love it! I swear if i didn't do that i'd just fall off the wagon and go on a food binje

I had some extra bread for dinner and some toblerone. It was worth the cals only because I burnt 550ish cals at exercise
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I did my first spike day in 4 months this past friday because after months of staying at 1200-1400, I hit a plateau and the scale wouldn't move. It's only been a few days since so it's hard to say what the outcome will be, but the scale this morning had be around 2 pounds lighter than the day before my spike day. I actually tried to keep it pretty healthy that day rather than embracing the idea of "cheating" all day on a bunch of junk - i had a fair amount of chocolate (2 servings total) and a few chips to satisfy those cravings, but otherwise I ate lots of protein, fruits & veggies. I'm planning to do this once a week for the next month to see if it's something I can do - both physically and mentally.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I do now and again. I only do them on those days where I've eaten healthy and still for some reason I'm starving. I don't go overboard but I do have "spike" days. I like them because it keeps me from overeating on the crappy stuff and it makes it so I'm not constantly consuming the exact amount of calories everyday.

When I lost weight before every Thursday was my spike day. It was the day I had work, than volunteer work than a course with my local Police. I'd eat healthy for the first part of the day and I allowed myself to have a nugget meal at Burger King while driving to my course with Police. Maybe not the greatest choice in the world but it helped.