couch to 5k

Options
did my first day of week one training today!!!!!!! yay me!

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    did my first day of week one training today!!!!!!! yay me!
  • batc
    batc Posts: 6
    Options
    If you would, please tell me where I can see this program "couch to 5K" Thanks, Ken
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I start week 3 tomorrow! I actually had to repeat week one twice, because after 8 years of smoking and never running, it was EXTREMELY hard. I have seen a major improvement in my lung capacity in the past few weeks!

Batc - you can find the program here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Also, if you have itunes you can download the podcast to your ipod and it will tell you when to run/walk so you don't have to keep track yourself.
  • batc
    Options
    Thank you so much.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    does the podcast interfere with your playlist?
  • Dedicated
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean. The podcast is actually what you will listen to during your run/walk. The one I plays techno-ish music and then a guy comes on an tells you when to run, when to stop, etc.

I have heard that on the iphone you can download an APP for Couch 2 5k in which you can listen to your own playlist, and it will simply beep at you when it's time to run, but I don't think you can do that with just your ipod.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k rocks!

If there was one thing I never ever would have thought I would ever be able to do is run ... and enjoy it.

I am on week 5 although I have repeated several of the weeks if I didn't feel comfortable moving on to the next one. The thrid run this week is a straight 20minutes! I'm nervous for that one!

My goal is to complete a 1/2 walk/run marathon in October.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean. The podcast is actually what you will listen to during your run/walk. The one I plays techno-ish music and then a guy comes on an tells you when to run, when to stop, etc.

I have heard that on the iphone you can download an APP for Couch 2 5k in which you can listen to your own playlist, and it will simply beep at you when it's time to run, but I don't think you can do that with just your ipod.

Which podcast did you download? I tried a couple but I couldn't get them to work.
  • Dedicated
    Options
    Mine is called "Podcasts for Running" by Robert Ullrey
  • megancolleen
    Options
    Couch to 5k rocks!

If there was one thing I never ever would have thought I would ever be able to do is run ... and enjoy it.

I am on week 5 although I have repeated several of the weeks if I didn't feel comfortable moving on to the next one. The thrid run this week is a straight 20minutes! I'm nervous for that one!

I do my 20 min run tommorow morning! I am soo nervouse! Seems like a big skip from 8 run 5 walk 8 run! We will see! I am going to try my best to stick to my 6.0 pace and run all twenty min!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k rocks!

I do my 20 min run tommorow morning! I am soo nervouse! Seems like a big skip from 8 run 5 walk 8 run! We will see! I am going to try my best to stick to my 6.0 pace and run all twenty min!

Let us know how it goes!
    6.0 pace is impressive! I'm only at about 5.1 - 5.2.

Good luck with your run today. I know you can do it!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Thanks, that is the one I tried and it wouldn't work.
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have issues with your shins hurting? Everytime I try to walk, run, walk, run, my shins really hurt with each running step. Am I just a big baby? I keep thinking that as I lose weight there will be less impact, and it will hurt less, but that's not really helpful right now. I do okay on a padded exercise floor in aerobics, but on pavement - youch.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Thanks, that is the one I tried and it wouldn't work.

Try "podrunner". First day to 5K is his program that follows C25K. It's on iTunes.:flowerforyou:
  • batc
    Options
    if you raise the treadmill to a level 2 or 3 it will take the presure of the front shin, most treadmills are on a pitch forward putting strain on the front of your legs/shins
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I start week 3 tomorrow! I actually had to repeat week one twice, because after 8 years of smoking and never running, it was EXTREMELY hard. I have seen a major improvement in my lung capacity in the past few weeks!

Batc - you can find the program here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Also, if you have itunes you can download the podcast to your ipod and it will tell you when to run/walk so you don't have to keep track yourself.

That's so cool, thanks for mentioning it, I had no idea this existed. I am downloading it right now.