I need recipes!! Please help

Options
Hello All!
I'm new to MFP (3 weeks) and I'm just starting to make some serious changes in how I eat and feed my family. I don't have a ton of money but I want to eat healthier. I need some recipes that are relatively easy, but still pretty healthy. Can you please take the time to share some of your favorite recipes with me? Thank you so much!

13906762.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sorry just tried linking to a post I made yesterday regarding a lovely baked aubergine I cooked yesterday but it didn't work!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i love www.skinnytaste.com
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i love www.skinnytaste.com

Me too. Great recipes.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love my George Foreman grill. I can have a piece of protein so quickly and it's healthy. If you go back to the way our parents or grandparents ate, we will do well. Chicken is your best protein and inexpensive. Get some frozen plain veggies and have a baked potato or look online for great crock pot recipes. Lean ground beef and even fish when it is on sale. The point is try to eat plain, unprocessed foods like our parents and grand parents did. good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    www.cookinglight.com
    www.eatingwell.com
    www.delish.com
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/RecipeIndex
    www.sparkrecipes.com
    www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/
    www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/healthy_eating/recipes.html
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    Hello All!
    I'm new to MFP (3 weeks) and I'm just starting to make some serious changes in how I eat and feed my family. I don't have a ton of money but I want to eat healthier. I need some recipes that are relatively easy, but still pretty healthy. Can you please take the time to share some of your favorite recipes with me? Thank you so much!

13906762.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Friend me and take a look at my blog. I also have lots of recipes that i've put on MFP but haven't opened it up for public. HOwever,I have no problem copying and pasting them to you.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I like a site called All The Cooks (allthecooks.com) It lets me add 1 - 2 ingredients i happen to have and makes recommendations for recipes. I'm always surprised with what I end up cooking without having to be super creative.

To feed my teenage kids I rely heavily on the crock pot and soups. I used a juicer sometimes but juicing can be expensive compared to buying frozen veggies.

Things like baked apples with cinnamon, grilled peaches, or frozen bananas added to orange juice as a smoothy- don't cost much and it's something so different than what I would normally do ( a year ago) that my kids think it's "special"
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    bump for later!