135 lbs and 6 1/2 months later :)

Options
Jambe
Jambe Posts: 58 Member
Just thought I would share with everyone. I have not been this size since 5th Grade. Kind of grew complacent with my situation and my life. Wasn't happy. Decided to start taking better care of myself financially, mentally, and of course, physically. I began dieting on July 14th. Mainly consisted of a high protein, low carb diet. 1200 Calories a day. 1 Cheat day a week where I ate closer to 2000. Pizza :)

Weight dropped fast. Close to 30 lbs a month for the first two months. At this point I was 280-285 lbs. I began swimming and running. 30 minutes of each as best as I could while still staying close to 1200 cals intake with 1 cheat day. I went to a gym as a guest with someone and cracked a treadmill and split it up the middle. I haven't been to a gym since. :p

I hit 255 lbs the second week of october doing this. At this point, they stopped cleaning the pool and it got too cold so I stopped swimming and started running more instead. I also started casually lifting 2-3 days a week. I began eating closer to 1400-1500 calories a day.

Thanksgiving I had hit 225 lbs. I started to become a little more lenient on how much I would eat, increasing it again to around 1500-1600 a day. I did daily cardio, rarely missing any days. Started to get fairly confident in my running.

The 2 weeks leading up to christmas and new years were the worst. I was about 212 at this point. I consumed more calories in two weeks than I normally eat in 2 months. I only gained 2 lbs , though, since I had been still working out daily. Not sure how I managed that. So. Much. Chocolate.

Fast forward to now. I'm down to 206ish. :) It's slowed down a lot. I can sprint a 5k now, and lift a lot more weight now than I could when I was 341 :) Just have to get used to form fitting clothing now... I have never ever been close to this healthy :)

http://imgur.com/a/qwmHW

There's my trusty belt that served me...and the ice pick marks of progress ;)

Replies

• beccaboo33
    Options
    Congrats!! You should feel the accomplishment that you feel, that is tremendous!
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    thats awesome! :)
  • Katiem68
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep it up! I am inspired by reading this for i am a big woman and I can relate to shaping up everything in my life. It's time!

Congrats!
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    Honestly you are one of my favorite friends on this site! You are so motivating and I love to watch your updates on kick-*kitten* calorie burning workouts every day! Again, congrats! You're awesome!! :)
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I really like the phased approach to your diet.. I think it's the best method when you have a lot of weight to lose. Congrats!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!!
    :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!