a filling breakfast

Options
I'm looking for a filling breakfast that i can make quickly. My problem is i'm trying to break the habit of snacking between meals, or rather, not snacking on crap. Even if I eat something that's not as bad for me, like a power bar, i always feel like i need 2.

I guess i'm looking for the best way to spread out my calories and not feel hungry enough to eat a bag of chips.

Replies

• Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    oat-porridge
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I so love oatmeal....I eat steel cut that takes 20 or so minutes to cook. BUT....I cook up a triple batch and just micro each morninng. I also enjoy a 1/2 portion for a snack...Fills me up and lasts a long time.
  • traciemwood
    Options
    I alternate between instant oatmeal original with 1 splenda packet and an apple or 2 low fat wheat eggos and an apple or fresh pineapple. Usually keeps from hunger pains for 3 to 4 hours.
  • beulah389
    Options
    I agree that oatmeal is filling and lasts long in your tummy. It gets me to lunch without any hunger issues, and calories are great for what you get!
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem, it felt like I was always starving. I try to spread my calories over 5 smaller meals a day, eating almost every two hours or so. This way I am never really snacking and am always energized from the smaller amount of calories I am taking in at a time.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is the best. It's great with a scoop of protein too :)

Eggs and toast can be pretty filling
  • finnsgma
    finnsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love z slice of Fiber One bread toasted, with a wedge of laughing cow light, and egg whites