Your Skin

Options
magichatter06
magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
What products do you use to keep your face (especially) looking its best?

I'm still on searching for my HG of facial products :tongue:

I would say that my skin is sometimes combo? Usually only get "TOM" spots..other than that...occassional spots

Replies

• magichatter06
    Options
    What products do you use to keep your face (especially) looking its best?

I'm still on searching for my HG of facial products :tongue:

I would say that my skin is sometimes combo? Usually only get "TOM" spots..other than that...occassional spots
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i use neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser (ahh! try saying that 10 times fast!) for a cleanser- and clean & clear morning burst for a moisturizer. love them both!

i've always been blessed w/ a good complexion, but these products have always kept my skin tone even and only allow an occasional pimple (usually TOM). :flowerforyou:
  • cc_003
    cc_003 Posts: 9
    Options
    i reccomend noxema products; i use the original or exfoliating one. then make sure you moisturize with a light product like nivia soft. my friend uses noutrogena and it also works really well for her. eating good oils and fats like olive oil or flaxseed oil are also good for your hair and skin.
    the best advice: simple is better. go back to bacics; eat and sleep well and drink alot of water and dont put all that fancy stuff on your face; just a simple oil free cleaner and moisturizer a couple times a day (not too many!). you'll have to try out a couple products to find what works best for you.
    good luck!
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Thanks gals! :flowerforyou:

I currently use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser.... and then I'll use coconut oil to remove the waterproof eye makeup and then I will use Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner (was using pure lemon juice for awhile) then I moisturize

I've been trying to find some natural stuff.... I also use honey sometimes for a blemish and that seems to help it...
  • sembrede
    sembrede Posts: 8
    Options
    I also use Neutrogena products. If you go to their website you can fill out a quiz and they'll recommend products for you. I've also found that it's really important to try a complete system for three months before you change it or give up. Always remember to moisturize no matter what kind of skin! And I LOVE their exfoliating blackhead acne cleanser. My skin feels so smooth everyday.
  • hollymk
    hollymk Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a Mary Kay consultant so of course I would ONLY recommend Mary Kay skin care. You can check out my website at www.marykay.com/hrichards18 Timewise is the skin care product that I would recommend for Combination to Oily skin...a 3 in 1 cleanser...Cleanses, Tones and exfoliates in one...then the moisturizer...
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I never put anything on my face (no moisturizer or cleanser) and I get a lot of compliments on how pretty my skin (face only) is.

I have very dry skin on all the other part but not my face. I only get 1 pimple once a month. I guess I was at least blessed with that.

Memaw
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with the Garnier Nutritioniste skincare line!

Man, that stuff is GOOD! I can honestly say I can see and feel a difference.

I love the Skin Renew Anti-Sun Damage daily moisturizer with SPF

And the eye-roller thing is GREAT! It's cool on contact and you immediately feel relief for puffiness, etc.

I like all of it really.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I wash my face (and whole body) in the shower with Dove Calming night body wash, and use Mary Kay Satin hands cream around my eyes, mouth and neck.... (yea, I know... hand cream! I like how it works)
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I LOVE proactive. It keeps my skin clear, smooth, and just pretty looking lol
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Thanks!
    I never put anything on my face (no moisturizer or cleanser) and I get a lot of compliments on how pretty my skin (face only) is.

I have very dry skin on all the other part but not my face. I only get 1 pimple once a month. I guess I was at least blessed with that.

Memaw

I envy you!!! I need something on my face... I think that my skintone isn't even....I think my nose is a little bit redder than the rest of my face :embarassed:
    I have fallen in love with the Garnier Nutritioniste skincare line!

Man, that stuff is GOOD! I can honestly say I can see and feel a difference.

I love the Skin Renew Anti-Sun Damage daily moisturizer with SPF

And the eye-roller thing is GREAT! It's cool on contact and you immediately feel relief for puffiness, etc.

I like all of it really.

I've always wanted to try their line...to me it's kind of expensive :indifferent: I will have to look again at Wal Mart...I saw this Toner in their line I wanted to try but I couldn't find it!
    I wash my face (and whole body) in the shower with Dove Calming night body wash, and use Mary Kay Satin hands cream around my eyes, mouth and neck.... (yea, I know... hand cream! I like how it works)

Never thought about that!

I use the vaseline intensive hand cream and I love it!
    I LOVE proactive. It keeps my skin clear, smooth, and just pretty looking lol

I've thought about this...but haven't really thought about spending that much money... but have you seen the proactive vending machines they have out now!??
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a HUGE skincare junkie..LOL
    If u are looking for natural products....tea tree oil is a great spot treatment for breakouts
    They also have some great products at WF and their return policy is great
    They will also make u samples/offer suggestions etc

Kim
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Hi

I'm a HUGE skincare junkie..LOL
    If u are looking for natural products....tea tree oil is a great spot treatment for breakouts
    They also have some great products at WF and their return policy is great
    They will also make u samples/offer suggestions etc

Kim

Thank you!

Unfortunately we don't have a WF (Whole Foods?) store that I know of around me.:ohwell: ..but we have an organic store!
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    Yea I saw a proactive vending machine in one of the malls in my area....thought it was too funny :laugh:

It is on the expensive side, but really it's not that bad when you think about it. You get a months supply (mine usually lasts longer then a month) of the wash, toner, and lotion, plus a "free" tube of the mask. If you were to buy all of those seperate at even Walmart you would spend around the same. I actaully stopped proactive for a couple years when I moved out of my parent house because well I didn't want to spend the money on it. Then I added up what I was spending at Walmart on each item and each one was between $8 - $15 and I really didn't have as good of results as I do with proactive sooo it is worth it to me.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Have BAD dermatitis, only thing to cure it, even the script from the derma didn't work, I use Mary Kay.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Yea I saw a proactive vending machine in one of the malls in my area....thought it was too funny :laugh:

It is on the expensive side, but really it's not that bad when you think about it. You get a months supply (mine usually lasts longer then a month) of the wash, toner, and lotion, plus a "free" tube of the mask. If you were to buy all of those seperate at even Walmart you would spend around the same. I actaully stopped proactive for a couple years when I moved out of my parent house because well I didn't want to spend the money on it. Then I added up what I was spending at Walmart on each item and each one was between $8 - $15 and I really didn't have as good of results as I do with proactive sooo it is worth it to me.

Yeah, the first one I saw was in CT...can't remember what store I was in...maybe a Stop N Shop? (We don't have one down here) & now they are everywhere!

Oh wow, then I guess you were getting a good deal!

Have BAD dermatitis, only thing to cure it, even the script from the derma didn't work, I use Mary Kay.

Sorry to hear about your skin! :ohwell:
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Clearasil daily scrub.
    Oxy pads for when I'm out.
    Oxy blitz gel for emergencies!

Charles Worthington Results for Men pre-shave warming wash.
    David Somersets extra sensitive shaving oil.
    Charles Worthington Results for Men active moisturiser.

I think I'm worse than some women I know!
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Clearasil daily scrub.
    Oxy pads for when I'm out.
    Oxy blitz gel for emergencies!

Charles Worthington Results for Men pre-shave warming wash.
    David Somersets extra sensitive shaving oil.
    Charles Worthington Results for Men active moisturiser.

I think I'm worse than some women I know!

haha I have never tried Oxy...have wanted to tho

Sounds like you know how to take care of your skin tho :wink:
  • magichatter06
    Options

thats_racist.gif

:laugh: