over on fiber

Options
Is it ok to go over by fiber a tiny bit? I eat throughout the day and it's usually a lot of whole grains, fruit and veggies, and lean meat. I dont go over in anything else, but my fiber tends to be over by like 5 graams

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to go over by fiber a tiny bit? I eat throughout the day and it's usually a lot of whole grains, fruit and veggies, and lean meat. I dont go over in anything else, but my fiber tends to be over by like 5 graams
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    that's ok, the amount recommended is about 25 gms for a female, it ok to be over, just make sure you don't get more than 65 gms a day... :wink:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    What she said :)
  • cc_003
    cc_003 Posts: 9
    Options
    karlia, why is it bad to go over a certian amount of fiber a day?
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    The benefits of fiber are numerous. It will help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, it helps your body with it's own little natural detoxification process, and it has no calories but fills you up.

Just make sure you drink plenty of water. As long as you aren't experiencing any intestinal issues, you will be fine.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You will suffer the bad effects of too much fiber (gas) long before you will be doing anything harmful.

Don't worry if you are over slightly in fiber. Honestly, fiber and protein should be considered minimum rather than maximum goals.
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    karlia, why is it bad to go over a certian amount of fiber a day?

Too much fibre can lead to intestinal discomfort or dehydration. It can also prevents the body from absorbing all the nutrients in food.