Lost weight but don't notice

Options
I've been counting calories for about 7 months now and I've lost about 27lbs. That's a lot of weight! I'm so proud of myself for learning self discipline, eating healthier, & taking better care of myself but the only place I notice it is on the scale! I haven't gone down a single pant size, bra size....nothing. So where was all this weight stored at? :huh:

Replies

• kitty82
    kitty82 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been counting calories for about 7 months now and I've lost about 27lbs. That's a lot of weight! I'm so proud of myself for learning self discipline, eating healthier, & taking better care of myself but the only place I notice it is on the scale! I haven't gone down a single pant size, bra size....nothing. So where was all this weight stored at? :huh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Has your nose shrunk?? LOL - sorry - I just got through reading the Dave thread and am a little warped from it. It interesting that you lost that much and haven't gone down a size yet! Good job on your progress - maybe one of these days it will suddenly just "be gone" and your pants will fall off or something! Good luck and keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • squeak351
    squeak351 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What type of clothes do you have? Wearing elastic type pants/skirts and I can't tell if I gain. That's why I always used to go for those clothes so comfortable you can't tell a difference. But once I switched to fitted type then when I gain I notice. hmmm.. I'm not sure. I have lost weight before and I also notice with every ten lbs.
  • tiffster4
    tiffster4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    don't fell bad. I'm kind of in the same boat. I haven't lost as much as you, but I still thought I would notice something. Even a little something :laugh: Congrats though! :flowerforyou:
  • heather93277
    Options
    depends on your height and body shape too... I'm 5'11" and it takes a lot of pounds to shed for me to lose sizes... meanwhile, my friend who is 5'6" sheds 5 lbs and loses a size. I lose in my waist and arms/legs, while she loses in her hips/butt first... so obviously, there's a big difference too. hang in there... it'll come :wink:
  • myhoney
    myhoney Posts: 41
    Options
    same here lost weight but not a single in. clothes still fit the same. :mad: just got to keep it up.:drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 60 pounds before I really noticed a change and could start wearing smaller sizes. Granted, I have a lot more weight to lose than you do, so I would think 27 pounds would definitely show a difference on you. I know it can be discouraging to be working so hard and not seeing the results, but keep up the great work...you'll get there!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Actually at times I feel some clothing items to be loose and other times tight. It all depends on what you wear as well. Other times you will not notice exactly where you have lost the weight because it could be in different areas and you might just be looking at one exact place. Hope this helps.

:heart: Miss Nova
  • megancolleen
    Options
    I haven't lost as much as you! I but have yet to notice a difference either. It is frustrating I really want to wear single digit jeans! It is so frustrating I am still in double digits! O well we got to stick with it. I started the 30 day shred two days ago hoping I will lose some inches now! We will have to wait and see!

Awesome job on the weight loss!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I store mine in the belly....your pants don't feel looser??
    Are people seeing it in your face?
  • kitty82
    kitty82 Posts: 36
    Options
    I was wondering if I lost it in my feet or something! lol

People have asked me if I've lost weight so I guess other people can tell.

I'm jeans & t-shirt girl and about 5'5''.

Thank y'all so much for all of the encouraging words!! Just got to keep moving!:happy:
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you carry your extra weight, and how much muscle you've gained versus how much fat you've lost.

I carry my excess fat in my tummy area primarily. So when I gained 10 - 15 pounds this last year, I never saw my pant size change. But my tummy is really noticible through my shirts.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you mention losing weight in your feet. That's one place that I think I may have lost weight. Don't laugh. Sice I've lost some weight my shoes have gotten bigger. My chest and butt have stayed pretty much the same, but I think my feet have gotten smaller.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 and I haven't dropped a size yet. But you should notice your clothes fitting differently though. Like, I have several shirts that I can now wear that are like brand new clothes to me since they fit so much better now and don't cling to my tummy anymore.

My dress pants for work also fit amazingly better. My pants have the hook eye closure plus an inner button (way harder to button if they are the slightest bit tight than a regular outside button) and a zipper. For the longest time I would just use the hook and zipper as the button was too hard to do up. But now I use all three, AND a belt pulled tighter than I've ever been able to get it before.

I agree with Squeak, if you tend to wear a lot of elastic waisted clothes, you're likely to not notice the difference since they kind of conform to whatever shape you are. Dig through your closet and find something that you seldom wore because it never fit quite right....I'll bet it fits so much better now, or just looks better on you.