I ran 4 miles!

Options
You guys may remember that 2 weeks ago I posted about how much I hate running/jogging.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44911-why-would-anyone-ever-want-to-jog-anywhere-at-anytime
Well after seeing some of your responses I decided to start slowly training myself to run. I began with intervals of running in my daily walks.
I have always walked the 2 miles it is for me to get to work, and today was going to be no different. I woke up just feeling like I was ready to run and I decided I would run to work and run home. So, in the pouring down rain, I did my first official full-run: 2 miles in 17 minutes. I got to work and I felt great. I was soaked, beet red, and winded...but still felt great! I ran home after 3 hours of work: 2 miles in 15 min (it's more downhill on the way home).

So I just want to say WOOT! I have not run this far since I was14 and on the track team in high school. I am loving the changes I am seeing and FEELING in my body. :bigsmile:

Who knows, running to work may become an everyday thing...let's just hope the weather is a little better next time!

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    You guys may remember that 2 weeks ago I posted about how much I hate running/jogging.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44911-why-would-anyone-ever-want-to-jog-anywhere-at-anytime
    Well after seeing some of your responses I decided to start slowly training myself to run. I began with intervals of running in my daily walks.
    I have always walked the 2 miles it is for me to get to work, and today was going to be no different. I woke up just feeling like I was ready to run and I decided I would run to work and run home. So, in the pouring down rain, I did my first official full-run: 2 miles in 17 minutes. I got to work and I felt great. I was soaked, beet red, and winded...but still felt great! I ran home after 3 hours of work: 2 miles in 15 min (it's more downhill on the way home).

So I just want to say WOOT! I have not run this far since I was14 and on the track team in high school. I am loving the changes I am seeing and FEELING in my body. :bigsmile:

Who knows, running to work may become an everyday thing...let's just hope the weather is a little better next time!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really great and amazing. Keep up the great work!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    WOW! that is a great time for a new runner! I'm jealous! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    You are kicking butt:smile: Keep up the good work and I am sure you will meet your goal in no time.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    That is great...let me get this you worked for 3 hours soaking wet??
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    That is great...let me get this you worked for 3 hours soaking wet??

I am a baker, so I wear a uniform at work. We even have a washer/dryer there so all my stuff was nice and dry for the run home. :wink:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Very well done there:flowerforyou: I am sure that you will just go from strength to strength:bigsmile: .

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly"
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome. Keep it up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Holy Canoli that's fast!

I've been running for 2.5 years... I still can't break 5 miles in one HOUR!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I too noticed that I had a feeling to run more after awhile of doing walking. Keep it up!!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Well, well, well looks like you are a natural runner, that is fast girl!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

That is fast!
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep up the good work.

:drinker: :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    that's excellent! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!