Weekends

Options
Hey guys, I have been on MFP for a couple of weeks now. I am trying to limit my intake to 1600 calories a day, which is a bit less than the 1800-2100 that other sites recommend but I really want to push the weight off. I have selected sedentry just so I am not cutting corners as well. I find that my dangerous days are the weekends, namely Fri and Sat when I do drink quite a bit. Just wondering, does anyone know how much 1 or 2 days a week of going well above 1600 calories will affect my prgress, I have been sticking to 1600 calories Net for the most part other than that. I really enjoy going out and getting drunk with my friends on the weekends.
I haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to see I havent shifted much weight and get frusterated.

Replies

• ChunkyFunkyMonkey
    Options
    protip - start measuring yourself with a tape measure as well. You may not be losing weight but you might be losing cms which means you're likely losing fat as well as toning and building muscle.

as for the weekend stuff, I have no clue. Sorry.
  • which12chews
    Options
    I am in your boat also, I enjoy going out with friends on the weekend and drinking, I try and stick to low calorie beer, I dont drink sugary ready to drink drinks way to sugary and find that if I have spirits I try and mix them with like sprite zero and diet sodas if they have to be mixed. I tend to be quite busy during the day on saturday so find I dont consume as many calories, also I tend to be a lil hungover on the Sunday and once again dont consume to many calories, but since starting on MFP I have pushed myself to exersise on the Saturday and on the Sunday also. But yea top tips, stick to low calorie beer and mix drinks with sprite zero and things like that. I have just started also so not sure if my tricks are actully working but they make me feel better about having a night out.
  • IndiMomma
    Options
    I find that my dangerous days are the weekends, namely Fri and Sat when I do drink quite a bit.

Just be aware of the fact that alcohol can also impact your metabolism, i.e., slow it down. This is one case where it isn't *just* calories. So if you're working hard all week and even if you log the alcohol and stay under your calorie count, it can still work against you and/or take longer to get the same results. I find that weekends are only bad for me when I allow myself to get bored and start wondering, "What could I cook/bake?"
  • amandasandahl
    Options
    Hey! i have the same problem, i am awesome at diet and exercise till the weekend comes. but if u are not willing to give up drinking all together, which i am not! lol, i found a great low calorie drink and its easy! not some fu fu blender stuff. Vodka, water, and mio. its so good and in an ounce of vodka there is only about 64 calories and 0 calories in the mio. unless u get the energy mio, which says not to mix with alcohol. i do tho, the cherry energy kinds is the best! just thought id thro that out for ya. food for thought, or drink i guess lol.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    could always balance it out with exercise throughout the rest of the week. Also raspberry vodka and cherry pomegranate crystal light is a fairly decent "light" mixed drink.
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat,, I tend to try and do some extra exercise through the week, and especially on a Saturday if I know I'm going out for drinks! Hope this helps.