Runners..

Options
13»

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I write my time on my bibs and hang them on the walls of my cubicle. I got this display for my medals:

RUN-2.jpg
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My bibs are on my wall. My first race was Warrior Dash, so my viking helmet is at the top, then my bib is safety pinned under it, my next race was HellRun, so that bib is safety pinned to my WD bib and so on.

My medals are hanging on my rearview mirror, so no matter where I go, I *know* I'm capable. (And I'm in my car A LOT, so it's a happy reminder of what I've accomplished)
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I write my time on my bibs and hang them on the walls of my cubicle. I got this display for my medals:

RUN-2.jpg

I love this display! Where did you get it? My dresser mirror is going to fall over soon if I hang another on it....LOL

I keep all my bibs. The name, date and time are written on the back of them and they are in a binder inserted into plastic covers. I thought it would be nice to remember them all. The medals don't always have the date on them either, although now the big races engrave your time on a insert TAB that fits into the medal. Great idea. I have 3 like that now. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I actually throw all mine away! Am I the only one?

Nope. Threw all mine away too!! LOL
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

RUN-2.jpg

This is a GREAT idea!!
  • Achristine96
    Options
    I used to hang mine on my wall, but It looked sorta tacky to me. So now I have them in a box, along with my track and field ribbons. I hope to one day make a scrapbook:)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

RUN-2.jpg

I love this display! Where did you get it? My dresser mirror is going to fall over soon if I hang another on it....LOL

I keep all my bibs. The name, date and time are written on the back of them and they are in a binder inserted into plastic covers. I thought it would be nice to remember them all. The medals don't always have the date on them either, although now the big races engrave your time on a insert TAB that fits into the medal. Great idea. I have 3 like that now. :)

I got it from this great company called "Allied Medal Displays" - they have several display racks to choose from or you can customize your own. http://www.medalhangers.com/
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options

RUN-2.jpg

I got it from this great company called "Allied Medal Displays" - they have several display racks to choose from or you can customize your own. http://www.medalhangers.com/

Thank you!!! I'll check it out!
  • laurennutt
    laurennutt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I throw mine away too but then again I have been running for 15 years so they aren't as meaningful to me as they used to be. I have a scrapbook with my first marathon stuff because that was such an amazing experience. I do keep all my medals though.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bump... Read for later
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I actually throw all mine away! Am I the only one?

I throw mine away. The only one I kept was from my half marathon.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Bibs are tossed.

I just made a quilt out of 12 of the t-shirts. My cats love to sleep on it. :laugh:

I love the idea of a quilt!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Given the thread topic, I thought you might be interested in this article from Active.com:

http://www.active.com/running/articles/what-to-do-with-your-old-race-bib-t-shirts-and-medals.htm