HIIT-thoughts??

Options
13»

Replies

• fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    HIIT is awesome. start slow, if you don't have a base of cardio.
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been reading up on High intensity interval training and intermittent fasting, wondering if anyone does this and your thoughts on it. What has been your experience?

Intermittent fasting has been great for me. Doing 5/6 meals a day always left me hungry and limited my food choices. Now I can eat more calorie dense foods and go to bed feeling full. Most days I have dinners that are 1000+ cals.

Here's a great website if you're interested:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    "Is there a way to set the treadmill to automatically speed up ever 30 sec (or whatever interval) or do you just manually adjust it constantly? Any tips for that? Great feedback people, thanks! "

On the treadmills in my gym, there is an "interval" button. I program in for the "jog", hit enter and then program in for the run speed. When I'm ready to run, I hit the interval button again and the treadmill automatically goes to the run speed. Hit it again and it will take me back to the jog speed. Hope that made sense. Of course, all treadmills are not alike.

awesome thanks!
    Oh, I leave the treadmill at 8 but then I jump to put my feet to the sides while resting.

thats a great way to injure yourself one day. try slowing down the machine to a light jog to rest.