How do I know how many calories I burned??

Options
The gym I go to has a circuit that I use. I am on a machine for 30 seconds then jog in place for 30 sec. I do this for about 25 minutes. If I know my heart rate during exercise, then how do I figure out how many calories I burned?? Is there an online calculator anyone knows about??

Replies

• AllieD
    AllieD Posts: 35
    Options
    The gym I go to has a circuit that I use. I am on a machine for 30 seconds then jog in place for 30 sec. I do this for about 25 minutes. If I know my heart rate during exercise, then how do I figure out how many calories I burned?? Is there an online calculator anyone knows about??
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Allie... The most precise way would be through the use of a heart rate monitor where you've input your age, height, and weight and worn it through your entire exercise routine. With some looking (check eBay, too), you can get a quality model at a decent price.

Barring that, there are many calculators on the web. Try Googling for "calculate calories burned", and you'll get many options.

Best of luck to you!
  • AllieD
    AllieD Posts: 35
    Options
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi allie, this sounds like the workout I do at Curves gym, which is a circuit based gym. The average calories burned for the 30mins range from 150 to 233, apparently it is the equivalent of walking 3.5mph for 30 mins. Hope this helps. K :ohwell: