how do you get rid of lower ab roll

Options
I had a c section three years ago and have no clue what to get rid of the roll at the bottom... any suggestions will help... I still have almost fifty lbs to drop to be at a healthy weight. I'm new to dieting so any suggestions helps

Replies

• mallerina757
    mallerina757 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You won't be able to spot reduce... Losing the weight will help. Even people who do crunches all day will never have a 6 pack unless the layer of fat isn't covering it :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, and more cardio. Also throw some strength training in there so that your body goes for the fat first. Nothing specific will do it except persistent hard work and time.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    sit ups:wink:
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You won't be able to spot reduce... Losing the weight will help. Even people who do crunches all day will never have a 6 pack unless the layer of fat isn't covering it :)

Couldn't have said it better myself:) all comes down to proper diet and exercise, who would have thought it?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Abs are made in the kitchen :]

Moderate deficit + full body strength training = profit :D
  • knelson422
    Options
    I have been told that some of that "roll" is scar tissue and won't go away without surgery. I have had 5 c sections and 1 V back and feel like that "roll" is my "badge of courage". If you are really self conscious about it you may want to look into a tummy tuck if you have lost everything else but that little roll. Good luck!!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Ditto what Sunshine said.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Since my twins were born, I've had loose skin and a little roll at the bottom even when my tummy was flat and I was, otherwise, slim and in good shape. I have a few more pounds to lose now, and I would like to have a tummy tuck to tighten the skin after the fat is gone. I hate to be negative, but I'm afraid some problems don't respond to hard work.
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, and more cardio. Also throw some strength training in there so that your body goes for the fat first. Nothing specific will do it except persistent hard work and time.

I hope so...
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I don't think surgery is in my future... I can handle it but i'll be working on my lifestyle to get more cardio in and making better food choices feel free to add me
  • NikkiP80
    Options
    Pilates helps me. I do a reformer class twice a week and while it can feel like torture I can see the difference it has made.

I also run, swim, cycle and row, but I still had a little bulge until the pilates.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

tada