MFP should add a search feature!

Options
secrets_out
secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
So I have only been here about 2.5 weeks but I look through the threads alot and can't help but notice there seems to be alot of pete and repeat threads. It got me thinking, MFP should add a search feature so before you post a thread you could search to see if it has been addressed! Any thoughts or am I just dreaming to big?

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yes, the search is right above after settings. :) Welcome to MFP! :)
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    meh.ro5707-455x364.jpg
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Screenshot-1-2.png

Now, if we could just get people to use it.....
  • secrets_out
    Options
    Screenshot-1-2.png

Now, if we could just get people to use it.....

Ohhh...huh I guess I just figured with all the repeats that it didnt work ;)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i've been lobbying for the unofficial faq to get stickied.... we'll see.... even if it does, it might be silly of me to think people will read it.
  • secrets_out
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't...I spend hours just searching...there is so much knowledge and advice buried in the pages! Its like a treasure map but people are just to lazy to look :{
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't...I spend hours just searching...there is so much knowledge and advice buried in the pages! Its like a treasure map but people are just to lazy to look :{

People are inherently lazy. We as a species are always looking for an easier way to do things. Why put in leg work to search for something when you can just create a brand new post of a question that has been asked at least 5 times a day for the last 3 years?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    How many calories does a search burn. I'd like to record that. ;-)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    While you guys are here, how much water should I drink? I don't want to have to start a whole new thread...
  • secrets_out
    Options
    Well its really freakin annoying!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    While you guys are here, how much water should I drink? I don't want to have to start a whole new thread...

1 ounce per minute, or 30 gallons whichever is less
  • secrets_out
    Options
    depends plain water, coffee or soda?
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    meh.ro5707-455x364.jpg

:laugh:
  • secrets_out
    Options

People are inherently lazy. We as a species are always looking for an easier way to do things. Why put in leg work to search for something when you can just create a brand new post of a question that has been asked at least 5 times a day for the last 3 years?
    can I just say...DUDE nice arms!
  • Contrarian
    Options

1 ounce per minute, or 30 gallons whichever is less

Awesome. Now, can someone please bring it to me?
  • Contrarian
    Options

Oh no. That's another can of worms.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    But without the incessant repeat threads, we would be deprived of the glories of all the post about the repeat threads, the pontificating on why new people might want a "fresh" perspective and the joyous, spiritually fulfilling back and forth of people being snarky and mean and people being too thin-skinned.
  • secrets_out
    Options
    But without the incessant repeat threads, we would be deprived of the glories of all the post about the repeat threads, the pontificating on why new people might want a "fresh" perspective and the joyous, spiritually fulfilling back and forth of people being snarky and mean and people being too thin-skinned.

Glad you understand ;)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Oh no. That's another can of worms.

Aw, man! How many cans of worms am I supposed to have per day? Why didn't anybody tell me this sooner?!?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

I'm not going to incessantly repeat the things you said about threads, but, we would never find the glory of serving the deprived, repeat posts/threads that pontificate on the new people and why they think a "fresh" perspective matters and would be somewhat joyous and spiritually fulfilling. All the back and forth, snarky and mean people are thin-skinned.