Hungry Girl

Options
What are your opinions on Hungry Girls Recipes?

I have a hard time making healthy meals and need to have it planned out for me. I just wonder what ya'll think of her recipes and if they would be good for something like that.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What are your opinions on Hungry Girls Recipes?

I have a hard time making healthy meals and need to have it planned out for me. I just wonder what ya'll think of her recipes and if they would be good for something like that.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    check out recipezaar.com they have tons and tons of recipes! And they all show nutritional info too
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,929 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the recipes, but if you enter the ingredients of the meals into your food diary on MFP you'll see what the nutrition looks like. If it suits you, then it's a good idea.

I'm lucky that I've found food choices that suit my family and offer a lot of nutrition with low calories. I wish you good luck on your search.:bigsmile:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls!

I am just trying to simplify things by getting the shopping done and knowing what I am going to make, rather than wait till the last minute and I am so hungry I make poor choices.

Hungry Girls recipes are *supposed* to be on the low cal side. I havent had a ton of experience though.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls!

I am just trying to simplify things by getting the shopping done and knowing what I am going to make, rather than wait till the last minute and I am so hungry I make poor choices.

Hungry Girls recipes are *supposed* to be on the low cal side. I havent had a ton of experience though.

I have the recipe book, but all or most of them are avaliable on her website, with photos. They are ok but I find most of them are just common sense things- like a tunafish wrap- really? do you need a recipe for that?? Some of the sweets in the book were hits with me though, so that's a plus.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    check out recipezaar.com they have tons and tons of recipes! And they all show nutritional info too

Thanks, I had never heard of this site, it looks amazing!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Thanks, I had never heard of this site, it looks amazing!

i just found out about it last week from another mfp member and i love it, i mean come on, theirs only so many ways u can think of to make chicken :bigsmile:
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl is good - try cookinglight.com too they have some great recipes and all of the nutritional info
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl is good - try cookinglight.com too they have some great recipes and all of the nutritional info

I second cookinglight.com! I think their recipes have a lot of "clean" ingredients. making them nutritious as well as lower calorie and fat. Sometimes with hungrygirl its a lot of processed ingredients.....

31345.png
    [/url]