College weight loss help

Options
School started and I'm back on campus seeing all the skinny girls everywhere (which is awesome, good for them) and the realization of how long I've let myself go is hitting me. I'm finding it real hard to get myself motivated after 6 months of inactivity. I've gained all my weight back and am up to my highest weight again. I've hung up that super cute size 5 dress by my mirror. But now everytime I see it I'm like "you'll never get there." I wish I could just slap myself sometimes!!!! Any other suggestions on how to get back into the groove??

Also, college people: getting back to school with a tight budget and trying to eat healthy is hard. Any tips on cheap healthy food or how you eat clean at school?

Thanks for listening to my rant...I appreciate any help.

Replies

• nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you're not on a meal plan, you're already ahead of the game. That's the good news. Have the same few things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eat miso soup. It's amazing. Slice tofu in it and it's a meal for very few calories. Rack up calories for later by having a light breakfast, like an egg or banana or a little bit of oatmeal (don't go nuts, here!). Eat an apple if you get hungry. MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE! This is the MOST important tip. If you do not do this, you will most likely, if you're anything like me, end up snacking INSTEAD of going to the gym which just puts you backwards. Find an exercise class or activity you like to do. Drag a friend along with you. Make a pump-up killer iTunes playlist to listen to with cardio, or download a podcast. I recommend Jillian Michaels' podcast, which is FREE on iTunes always! Don't make excuses and stay positive. I have confidence that you can do this. Don't let a minor roadblock stop you completely.