Exercising late at night.

Options
Okay...so anything that I eat before I go to bed gets logged for the day I'm on, even if it is past midnight. However, I was wondering if I were to workout a little bit tonight (it's almost midnight), and just count the exercise calories for tomorrow if it would hurt me? I am craving a workout right now, but I'm not hungry, and probably won't eat back my exercise calories, but counting them for tomorrow would let me have a bigger breakfast or something. Thought?

ETA: I strive to eat back 80+ percent of my exercise calories because I'm on a lower calorie allowance, and do not want my net too low.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    if i exercise (or eat) after midnight, i always log it for the "previous" day.. i see my days as being separated by sleep, not so much specific hours of the day. other people count everything after midnight as a new day - its really up to you what you do. Just make sure its consistent :)
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I would log it for today. (Like the PP, I separate my days based on sleep.) But for tomorrow I would just remember that you created a little surplus of uneaten calories tonight. If you get hungry or want a bigger breakfast tomorrow, then just go ahead and eat those extra calories. It may look like you've "gone over" on your diary, but you know that it will even out at the end of the week. KWIM?
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I would log it for today. (Like the PP, I separate my days based on sleep.) But for tomorrow I would just remember that you created a little surplus of uneaten calories tonight. If you get hungry or want a bigger breakfast tomorrow, then just go ahead and eat those extra calories. It may look like you've "gone over" on your diary, but you know that it will even out at the end of the week. KWIM?

That's why I want to log it for tomorrow. I unfortunately am a perfectionist, and I want to "perfectly" meet my goals every day....as crazy as that sounds. For some reason, the thought of going even a little bit "over" and seeing that red causes me anxiety...so I didn't know if it would be damaging to log exercise I do RIGHT before I go to bed as some of tomorrow's exercise and just eat a bigger breakfast since I know I'll be more hungry in the morning than normal. But since you mention it all works out at the end of the week, I don't see why it would hurt? I know some people "save up" their calories to eat more one day of the week, so it would be sort of be like the same thing...just logged to keep me green on both days instead of a surplus of calories and over the next... :laugh: Gosh I have some weird anxiety issues!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

That's why I want to log it for tomorrow. I unfortunately am a perfectionist, and I want to "perfectly" meet my goals every day....as crazy as that sounds. For some reason, the thought of going even a little bit "over" and seeing that red causes me anxiety...so I didn't know if it would be damaging to log exercise I do RIGHT before I go to bed as some of tomorrow's exercise and just eat a bigger breakfast since I know I'll be more hungry in the morning than normal. But since you mention it all works out at the end of the week, I don't see why it would hurt? I know some people "save up" their calories to eat more one day of the week, so it would be sort of be like the same thing...just logged to keep me green on both days instead of a surplus of calories and over the next... :laugh: Gosh I have some weird anxiety issues!

I am the same, I can't cope seeing it in minus figures. It wasn't pretty the one time it was. I would do whatever is going to keep you calm.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'd do whatever works best for your situation.. At almost midnight the workout would technically be tomorrow right?! I agree whatever you chose just be consistent