I need help from the manfolk.

Options
auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
This will be mine & my boyfriend's first V-Day. I want to get him something good and memorable, but not something over the top Hallmark-ish.

My original idea was a memory box-- with mini scrapbook pages and photos and captions from major events, with room for more to come-- and some swanky lingerie for his enjoyment. He is pretty sentimental so I think he would like it but I am open to opinions.

What do yall think?

If that's a bad idea, help me? Any ideas?

He is into music -- he's a music professor, and a musician--, CoD games, guns & shooting, wine...

Any feedback appreciated. I just don't want to be scrambling at the last minute!

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    if he is sentimental i guess a scrapbook would be ok. take some bonnie and clyde style pics with weapons
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to spend?

If he is outdoorsy then maybe a nice rugged good quality watch? Like a Hamilton Officer model? You could get the back engraved.

Definately go the lingerie option though!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    How much do you want to spend?

If he is outdoorsy then maybe a nice rugged good quality watch? Like a Hamilton Officer model? You could get the back engraved.

Definately go the lingerie option though!

Not a WHOLE lot, but if I saw something that screamed his name I could be convinced.

I like the watch idea!
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Go with what will make every man happy.

Steak and... you know
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Go with what will make every man happy.

Steak and... you know

HAH. He's cooking dinner. And ...you know... is great and all but I was planning on a little more than just that.
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    If he likes car why not get his favourite car model kit?

DSC08639.JPG
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Can i ask what 'V day' is ?

Vagina Day
  • carlie_carl
    Options

Vagina Day

I cant wait for this day then lol

If he's sentimental, why dont you just keep it simple, write him something poetic if your into that? or a letter, a home made meal with candles, a nice dvd and a chance for you to model your new lingere for him ;-) I know id prefer an intimate but nice night with my pillow missus than go out, but thats just me personally
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wine, lingerie and perhaps give him a nice massage!! That combo will do wonders!!!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I think the pin-up style memory box would be an awesome gift. And do yourself one more thing, get some movie gift cards and allow him to use them on a date night of his choice. He might pick a gung-ho manly man movie, but you'll be spending time together.

Good luck!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Vagina Day
    AWESOME :)