HARD TIME REACHING MY CALORIC INTAKE

Options
Now I know many of you will be like :explode: :explode: :explode: , but VERY FORTUNATELY I don't have the temptations like you all have in the states (I wish)!!! Anyway I am ALWAYS under my 1200 calories (usually between 100-300), I am always also below my carbs and fat, but always above my protein levels. A typical menu is:

2 scrambled eggs or 1/2 of special k or cherrios
coffee w/splenda & a little milk
snack such as cottage cheese & melon
Wasabread sandwich with extra lean ham or turkey, non fat cheese & mustard
snack 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Pork loin (100g), 1.5 red skinned potatoes, broccoliflower
Finally, a snack pack pudding

I am also drinking 2 litres of water (more or less) every day.

We don't have "fast food" per se here on the island, and I am very satified with how much I am eating. I have been able to maintain this way of eating for 3 weeks with only one "cheat" (2 slices of pizza one night for dinner).

I started walking on a treadmill 3 x per week at 35 minutes at 3mph. I injured my right arm the day after I joined the gym, so no weights as of yet.

So I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks (I'm happy), BUT I do have a concern about my caloric intake.

DO YOU ALL THINK IT WILL AFFECT ME IF I "HIT A WALL???", Is not hitting my 1200 bad for me? Should I eat more even though I am full? I tell you, I do feel much better just changing my diet! I don't want to "crash" on the couch as soon as I get home and I love getting up early to go to the gym. I also don't have that tiredness after lunch anymore.

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE EFFECTS WILL BE FROM NOT MAINTAINING 1200 CALORIES? Will it slow my metabolism? OMG.....I just don't know.

Thanks.

Lizz

Replies

• goldenreef
    Options
    Now I know many of you will be like :explode: :explode: :explode: , but VERY FORTUNATELY I don't have the temptations like you all have in the states (I wish)!!! Anyway I am ALWAYS under my 1200 calories (usually between 100-300), I am always also below my carbs and fat, but always above my protein levels. A typical menu is:

2 scrambled eggs or 1/2 of special k or cherrios
    coffee w/splenda & a little milk
    snack such as cottage cheese & melon
    Wasabread sandwich with extra lean ham or turkey, non fat cheese & mustard
    snack 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Pork loin (100g), 1.5 red skinned potatoes, broccoliflower
    Finally, a snack pack pudding

I am also drinking 2 litres of water (more or less) every day.

We don't have "fast food" per se here on the island, and I am very satified with how much I am eating. I have been able to maintain this way of eating for 3 weeks with only one "cheat" (2 slices of pizza one night for dinner).

I started walking on a treadmill 3 x per week at 35 minutes at 3mph. I injured my right arm the day after I joined the gym, so no weights as of yet.

So I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks (I'm happy), BUT I do have a concern about my caloric intake.

DO YOU ALL THINK IT WILL AFFECT ME IF I "HIT A WALL???", Is not hitting my 1200 bad for me? Should I eat more even though I am full? I tell you, I do feel much better just changing my diet! I don't want to "crash" on the couch as soon as I get home and I love getting up early to go to the gym. I also don't have that tiredness after lunch anymore.

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE EFFECTS WILL BE FROM NOT MAINTAINING 1200 CALORIES? Will it slow my metabolism? OMG.....I just don't know.

Thanks.

Lizz
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beans & nuts help me to reach my 1200 goal....high calories but low fat ..:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Just eat larger portions of the same food. If you're only eating 900 calories, and 100 of that is from pudding, you're only getting 800 nutritive calories. Add more fruit--a banana is high in carbohydrates but not too filling (not for me anyway). Hunger isn't indicative of how many calories you NEED.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat fast food & eat out to reach your daily caloric intake. I some days struggle like you, so here's the deal....go under some days, your body doesn't know if it's missing 100 lil calories. Some days, go over your calories. I find this works for me & keeps your metabolism guessing & not getting to comfortable with just one set intake.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Just eat larger portions of the same food.

that's what I was going to say. I live in Northern Canada- very north, very isolated, no restaurants, NO fast food- and I manage to eat 1400net calories a day. fast food has nothing to do with it, that's crap, nobody should eat it. :laugh:

mix some cheddar into your eggs and have em with a slice of toast, add a tossed salad with dressing to your lunch and have a whole wheat roll with dinner. easy right?
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    First, I like your menu. Well, I've not heard of anyone having trouble eating "enough" calories. My suggestion would be to drink milk (if you like milk) you don't look very old at all but it's never too soon to take care of our bones. That would be a great way to get an extra 100 calories or so.
    Keep up the good work.
  • goldenreef
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement! I love your idea about cheese with egg and a slice of toast! I forgot the salad, but I eat a large simple garden salad about 3-4 times a week BEFORE I eat my main meal. I make my own olive oil and vinegar dressing and measure it out.
    Just eat larger portions of the same food.

that's what I was going to say. I live in Northern Canada- very north, very isolated, no restaurants, NO fast food- and I manage to eat 1400net calories a day. fast food has nothing to do with it, that's crap, nobody should eat it. :laugh:

mix some cheddar into your eggs and have em with a slice of toast, add a tossed salad with dressing to your lunch and have a whole wheat roll with dinner. easy right?
  • goldenreef
    Options
    Bless your heart :heart: :heart:!!!! I have no problem telling my age, soon to be 48 (next month) , I do have to watch my bones, but I have recently become lactose intolerant! I can take a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of cheese, and a splash of milk in my coffee. After that, well we won't get graphic, but let's just say many runs to the restroom follow! I am taking a supplement
    and eat other healthy foods high in calcium.

Liz

First, I like your menu. Well, I've not heard of anyone having trouble eating "enough" calories. My suggestion would be to drink milk (if you like milk) you don't look very old at all but it's never too soon to take care of our bones. That would be a great way to get an extra 100 calories or so.
    Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!