Replies

• SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Inspirational :)
  • Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You look like you are having fun running!
  • kawanna941
    kawanna941 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thats soooo good, and motivating! You look great.
  • adam4life
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You look like you are having fun running!

Thanks, it's funny how I used to dread it and most of the time training I try to zone out with music or what not. I recently broke my ipod (yea go me) so my runs have been filled with the sounds of feet pounding pavement and it actually is more enjoyable. It reminds me of race days (can't race with headphones in some). Everyday it's the feeling of doing something I never thought I would.
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Wow...That is amazing great job :) I really want to get into running I guess one step at a time.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your story is fantastic. Great job in making life changes!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That is truly an awesome achievement. And I love your Skynet t-shirt!

DO you have a blog or MFP post about the marathon itself? How long did it take you?
  • vwherry
    Options
    Great Job:flowerforyou:
    Before:
    6758704009_f94a541e9f.jpg

Now
    6758705177_e50dbc6a9e.jpg
    6759238533_8b498116a4.jpg

August 2010 I was 20 years old 6'6" 375 lb and was breathing heavy climbing the stairs in my house. I played video games for just about 16 hours a day and besides the fact I was a killer Call of Duty player, life was miserable. I saw how my grandfather passed from complications with diabetes in July and saw what it did to him. I didn't want that same fate for myself. I started working out and eating healthy and little by little the weight came off. I did a 5k, a sprint triathlon, 2 half marathons and then in just this last January 2012 I did the Walt Disney World Marathon. I have come a long way and hope this can inspire others in any way, shape or form. My new goal is Ironman Arizona 2012. Most importantly I can now say that I am happy :)

Starting Weight: 375lb
    Now: 245lb
    Starting jean size: 56
    Now: 36-38 (38 with a belt)
    Shirt size before: 3XL
    Now: XL

My new blog started just today to keep myself on track for ironman training:
    http://www.adam4health.blogspot.com

More pictures are posted there to see before during and after type setup
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Patti9600
    Patti9600 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. Your hard work paid off.
  • CharmingCherry
    Options
    This is fantastic - a great achievement and lifestyle change. Well Done :)
  • WolffRN
    WolffRN Posts: 48
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! Wow, this has given me the motivation I needed this morning...who cares that its raining outside, time for a run!!!!!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And great finish line photo! You should be proud of your acomplishments.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations on your transformation... and for completing your 1st marathon!!!
  • adam4life
    Options
    That is truly an awesome achievement. And I love your Skynet t-shirt!

DO you have a blog or MFP post about the marathon itself? How long did it take you?

I made a re-post of the experience on my own blog
    http://adam4health.blogspot.com/2012/01/mile-3-or-so-in-epcot.html

It was epic to say the least ^_^
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    You are amazing..I am inspired..I am 40 almost 41...a mom...wife...friend..and cancer survivor...I always thought that running was something I just couldn't do...now I run almost every day...at least 2miles...my longest run is only 5.2 miles and my dream is to run a half marathon...I know I have a ways to go but you inspire me...thanks for posting and blessings !!!
  • mrfritz
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Rock on, Mr. Marathoner!!

And, I love the Do Life shirt. It's almost a cool as your success, but not quite. :smile:
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You must feel awesome! Good for you for taking control of your life and proving that when you put your mind to something you can accomplish it. :) Well done!!
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Amazing Job!!!! I love hearing/seeing these success stories! Good for you! Have a happy, healthy day and thanks for sharing your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!