Running Soundtracks

Options
Hello, I'm going to start the C25K again tonight, and I was wondering, has anyone tried those Ministry of Sound running compilations (this is probably more of a UK question!)?

If not, any other good compilations I can get from iTunes and stick straight on my phone whilst I use the app??

Replies

• monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm eventually going to start C25K too - the nhs do a podcast, and it has music on talks you through the session too....like when to start running, when to start walking etc and it's free on itunes!

I think the link is:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/get-running-with-couch-to-5k.aspx
  • jumpingjinglefairy
    Options
    I bought "the workout mix 2012" from itunes, which has some really great tracks on it and i think its great value for money - keeps me motivated on my runs, and it has a 30 minute aerobics workout which i can watch from my itunes on my Macbook and its actually quite a good basic workout. Theres also "zest workout mix" which is really cheap and has some good tracks, and "the workout mix - beach fit" which again has some movtivating tracks. I find im more focused on singing along in my head the runs over before i know it!

Also recommend getting the Map my Fitness App (free) if you have a smartphone, as it maps your runs via GPS and can give you updates every so often (i choose every 10 mins) on distance, speed etc, then tells you how many calories you've burnt at the end!
  • amygeorgina
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks so much, I'll check out the NHS podcasts - what a good idea.

And I'll have a look through iTunes for those, especially the one with the basic aerobics. I use the Ease into 5K app on my iPhone and bought the GPS add on which tracks my distance and speed, pretty good.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    let me know how the NHS podcast goes if you use it - as I do want to start using it, just think I'm too self concious to run outside just yet!
  • jumpingjinglefairy
    Options
    I always felt self consicous to run outside, however investing in some good trainers and some decent running kit which makes you feel good, can really boost confidence and get you more inspired to run! Reebok have just launched a new range which has hidden suck you in panels so your not worried about jiggly bits whilst running, every girls dream!
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I loved the Chubby Jones podcasts for Couch to 5k. They are free on itunes and she has several versions. The music is sort of indie club type. She's hilarious.
  • JBeansie
    Options
    Ok, I'm obviously not from the UK, but please tell me that there is an actual Ministry of Sound. Why? Because that is hilarious.