Really really bad week :(

Options
I've had such a bad week!! I'm no longer trying to loose but maintain and I've just found myself in the kitchen constantly scoffing cookies, chocolate bars and going over my calories of 1,200 by at least 1,000 I feel so crap. My body feels disgusting I've put on 2lbs and I just can't stop!! Really need to get back on track. Has anyone else been through similar I just don't know were I've gone wrong I did so well for a whole year loosing 76 lbs and I feel like in this last week I've just really let myself down. Xx

Replies

• chanson104
    Options
    Perhaps you should start by removing those cookies and chocolate bars from you kitchen!
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    Already done had enough of them staring at me every time I went to the bathroom, I blame my partner I always tell him keep any sweets you have hidden in your office but he decided to put them on the kitchen counter and I just had no self control. Xx
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is what i do my partner put his sweets away and I have to remind myself they are not my food and that helps. You can do it just think how good you feel. I am ready to dance in Rain to reach my rainbow? R U? If so lets dance together we can do it!!! We all have slips but the key is to get back in our shoes and to keep on dancing!!!!
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    That is what i do my partner put his sweets away and I have to remind myself they are not my food and that helps. You can do it just think how good you feel. I am ready to dance in Rain to reach my rainbow? R U? If so lets dance together we can do it!!! We all have slips but the key is to get back in our shoes and to keep on dancing!!!!

Thanks so much I love that post!! So motivating thank you. Xx
  • dnpi
    dnpi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These kinda things always happen! Each and everyone is bound to slip-up at least once in their weight loss journey. There is a reason why so many people find it hard to lose weight and give up. Just concentrate on getting back on track. Try going out for a walk. It always helps :smile:
  • JosieP1
    Options
    OMG - how well you've done losing all that weight last year. First of all let me start by saying WELL DONE!!!!

Now as for today - we all have "blips" and these can last from an hour or two to much much longer. The important thing is that you've recognised you're on a blip - now you have to concentrate on getting off it!!! It'd good you've got rid of the cookies and things. If they're in my house I have to eat them! It might help if you stick labels on food like that with the name of who they belong to . . . and you are NOT allowed to touch anything with a label on it!

Let it go NOW. Start from NOW being good.

Add me if you want some support!!!
  • Cat_296
    Cat_296 Posts: 40
    Options
    It sounds like you've lost your focus. You reached your goal (which is a fabulous achievement) and maybe now you don't have anything to aim for? Maybe you need to find a new challenge - a lot of people on here are training for various exercise goals e.g. 5k races, 10k races, marathons, triathlons.....maybe there is something along those lines you could use to help get you back on track?

Apart from anything else 'maintaining' just sounds really dull as a long term goal - maybe a few daft exercise challenges (eg climbing the Eiffel Tower on a stepper, swimming the Channel - although perhaps not in a single session!!....whatever floats your boat) and having to plan your eating to achieve these and maybe with a summer time goal of wearing a certain pretty summer dress or a bikini on the beach (that you fit into now?) might help you regain your focus??
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Don't be so hard on yourself.. Think about what you've accomplished!! You go, girl! :) Remember that keeping fit/ losing weight/ maintaining... is a lifetime project. Stop and appreciate how far you've come!
    Step 2: Don't keep that crap in the house. Constantly be searching for other ways to satisfy those nasty cravings.
    Step 3: Stop and appreciate the wonderful gift you gave your taste buds this week.. they may have been feeling neglected.. :) They went to Disneyland this week, but next week it's back to the real world. Take a picture, remember the moment.. If you don't let it get to you than it really is just one week out of your life... and just remember nobody lives in the theme park.

Good Luck and Stay Strong!!! :)
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    And this is why I love my fitness pal. Thanks guys it's exactly what I needed to hear/read. I'm so going to get focused I have a holiday booked in July for newquay and I want to look amazing in a pair of shorts that's my goal!! I really can't thank everyone enough xx
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had an awful week too, for similar reasons and I loved reading the responses here, really encouraging! I need to think of my new goal...
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Is your cycle here or coming up by chance? I would binge on chocolates when it was around my time of the month, I could not stop.

What I did was set up and alert on email to let me know when I was about a week away, then I was aware of it and tried to watch out for that behavior.

Good luck and do not be so hard on yourself, at least you reached out for help before it got out of hand.

Take care dear
  • agibson0430
    agibson0430 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love your analogy in Step 3! That is such a great way to look at it when I get off track.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Really sorry to hear you have had such a bad week. I like most of us have been there and I think that the above MFP's had some great advice.

To add to that, I think that the biggest, most important thing is to identify what is going on with you emotionally. What are you eating away? What is really going on? Are you able to look at yourself and identify what is happening?

Sometimes it helps to have a mental checklist of places to turn in times of weakness-for me, I have a Kindle and all the books I read I save quotes there, and it helps a lot to re-read those. I also find checking out photos of success stories here is a great motivator.

Hopefully you can avoid beating yourself up, and try to be kind to yourself, trying to make the choices that are best for you and once again believe that you are absolutely worth this. Don't waste your time thinking in black and white-the old "Oh, now I've ruined everything". Every day is a new chance and a new start. Really, every minute. Even if you have just scarfed down a large pizza, your next meal time is still a choice and you can start right there with making a good choice.

Best of luck to you and use the great boards here :) I am new but already loving the community here!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Great advise on the 3 steps. Don't beat your self up, we all occaisionally fall a little. You come far and accomplished a lot. My only point nutritionally would be is the more you eat simple sugars, the more you will crave them and make the battle more uphill for yourself. I've discovered a couple of ways to satisfy my desire for sweet tastes without taking in sugar. One that I've been into lately, that is really delicious, is Greek yogurt with Chocolate Protein shake mixed in and maybe a little Almond Milk and crushed almonds. Yum!! Tastes like chocolate mouse with almonds!
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Surely if your not trying to lose weight and have moved into maintenance you shouldn't be only netting 1200 calories anymore, it should be nearer 1700-1800 unless your are really tiny. I think you may be hungry for a reason.
  • kmp411
    kmp411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Surely if your not trying to lose weight and have moved into maintenance you shouldn't be only netting 1200 calories anymore, it should be nearer 1700-1800 unless your are really tiny. I think you may be hungry for a reason.

This.. Why are youe eating 1200 for Maint? I would think it woul dbe higher.. Maybe you should try to gradually increase your cals to whatever your maint level is
  • andreacord
    Options
    Perhaps you should start by removing those cookies and chocolate bars from you kitchen!

Yup, I don't buy junk food, especially if I have a day where my self control is paticularly weak because if I have a weak moment I will eat the ENTIRE thing.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

This.. Why are youe eating 1200 for Maint? I would think it woul dbe higher.. Maybe you should try to gradually increase your cals to whatever your maint level is

I was actually wondering that myself. I can't wait to go into maintenance so I can eat more! (3 lbs to go!)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Raise your calories.

Second... get rid of the trash from the kitchen. I am highly weak to that kind of food so my kitchen is devoid of most food. It works for me anyway. If it's not around me, I don't eat it.

My challenge comes from work where they bring in donuts and other crap; I have to avoid the work kitchen like it has black plague.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeah, removing all the bad stuff from the house might help a bit. Then, if you really want something, you have to actively go out and seek it.

Otherwise, are you still exercising? I find that on days I exercise, I don't overeat as much. I really hate working out so once I invest that effort I don't want to waste it. Plus the movement makes me less hungry.

Is it emotional eating? Can you reach out to a friend or loved one for companionship/support to help ease the need to stuff it all down with food?