Only day 2 feeling :(

Options
2»

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You have gotten wonderful advice. Not sure if anyone has said it but do some exercise even if it just a 10 minute walk. And I'm not recommending it just for the calorie burn but for (1) the sense of accomplishment and (2) the feel good hormones that are released from exercise. Trust me!

Also, I lost a good bit of weight several years ago and then had hip surgery and gained it all back. Try not to look back too much. This where we are now. Lets move forward.

Hi I am everyday have children I dont drive so schol walks are an every day exercise I wont do anything else until my bodys adjusted to this as Ive been ill x
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Your tired and just keep going. Excerise will help and give you calories but I really haven't felt deprived on what I'm eating and still having my wine at night. I'm even measureing it so I now how much I'm drinking and seeing the calorie amount makes me more aware.
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.. stay focused on your goals. You already made the right step by being here. Everyone has some great ideas and support.
    I don't call it dieting anymore, because diets will fail you. I just look at it a new way of being healthy. I am glad I found this site, Its really made my new way alot easier.
  • TJMcQN
    TJMcQN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My brother and I stumbled on to something that might help. We weighed daily but also measured our belts (what size belt and what notch). What we noticed and when we hit a plateau we would get discouraged until we found a pattern that showed that the plateau is when you lose size. Around the time of a plateau, sometimes just before the weight starts to drop, we would be able to tighten our belts another notch. So as long as you're sticking to your program you will lose either pounds or inches. We began to look forward to plateaus and actually rejoiced when they arrived. People don't see your scale. I have always felt that a person doesn't have a weight problem unless they're in an elevator and they hear the cable creak. The scales have somehow become our standard for measuring success. I'm guilty of it too. The scales tell part of the story but not the whole story. As soon as you can, with your doctors approval, start some kind of cardiovascular exercise and be sure to watch your heart rate like a hawk. Most people don't like to exercise because they overdo it. It's amazing how little effort is needed to get your aerobic levels where they need to be. Hope this helps.
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water. I have heard that if we don't get enough water it can really affect our mood. Don't give up or be discouraged. Baby steps. You can do it!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My brother and I stumbled on to something that might help. We weighed daily but also measured our belts (what size belt and what notch). What we noticed and when we hit a plateau we would get discouraged until we found a pattern that showed that the plateau is when you lose size. Around the time of a plateau, sometimes just before the weight starts to drop, we would be able to tighten our belts another notch. So as long as you're sticking to your program you will lose either pounds or inches. We began to look forward to plateaus and actually rejoiced when they arrived. People don't see your scale. I have always felt that a person doesn't have a weight problem unless they're in an elevator and they hear the cable creak. The scales have somehow become our standard for measuring success. I'm guilty of it too. The scales tell part of the story but not the whole story. As soon as you can, with your doctors approval, start some kind of cardiovascular exercise and be sure to watch your heart rate like a hawk. Most people don't like to exercise because they overdo it. It's amazing how little effort is needed to get your aerobic levels where they need to be. Hope this helps.

I did exercise but tore my right knee ligaments so have to becareful I will restart exercise when Ive dropped 14lbs as I did in 2010 and I lost 57lbs in 8 months thanks x
  • Jacquie23uk
    Options
    hang in there, it does get better. I have had to cut my calories in half. It was soooo hard to do in the beginning. I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and I have finally lost 3 pounds. The first 2 weeks were no change. I am hoping to keep it up although it is hard.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I started out with a goal of 1lb a week, followed the site and for the first month I still lost 2+ lbs a week. I did WW before and did not have as much success as I have had with this.

increase your calories, make sure you eat them. You can't really bank them like you could ww points, but if do have special plans and need to use more calories, just plan ahead of time and know that you will go over them.

I can definitly say I have never lost this much wieght before, and I have tried. I believe in it and I think you can do it.

Best wishes.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Someone already said it, but some sort of exercise might help. Not for the calorie burn, but for your mood. I know it helps me, even when the last thing on earth I want to do is exercise. I always feel better. I'm on day 4...big expert here :tongue: but it will get better!