moving sensation after getting off treadmill

Options
Does anyone else experience the sensation of the floor moving beneath them when they get off the treadmill? I hate that feeling. I have to hold onto something for at least 30 seconds. I thought it was normal, until talking to a few people and they say that doesn't happen to them!

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think eventually you get use to it. How long have you been using it? When my workouts are really intense on the treadmill it takes a second to get off to readjust to non-moving floors...lol ...:laugh:
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yep...you should try it with children throwing stuff on it while you're on it too.....its great!
  • deltagreen
    deltagreen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I tend to get that sensation.
  • cjferrone
    cjferrone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely after a "good" run on the treadmill I have the same thing. Jello legs. I find it happens more often when I don't walk super slowly for a min or so after my cool down.
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    I can't use the treadmill.... everytime I do I', fine when I'm on it but when I get off, I get a splitting headache and really really dizzy! It's almost like the floor moving, but more like I've drunk a bottle of vodka.... neat! lol

I hope you either get used to it or find a way to avoid it soon! :)
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do slow down for about 2 mins before getting off the treadmill but still get that sensation. I have only been using it for about 1 week. I don't want to stop using it, cause I feel its working for me. I tried the elliptical but that was intense. I could only do 5 mins on that, where I can do almost 30 on the treadmill.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think eventually you will get used to it. Don't stop. I mean it doesn't make you sick like one of the above posters right? I would keep it up...
  • Faith2FeelFabulous
    Faith2FeelFabulous Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Same exact thing happened to me. After my walk I just stood there at the treadmill for a bit till my head cleared. After a few weeks of using it the weird floor moving beneath you feeling went away.
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get the same feeling! I think it's cool because it doesn't even feel like your walking. So it doesn't seem to take as much effort (even though it doesn't take any at all, really)
    But as soon as I get off, I do have to stand for a bit before I begin to walk.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Initial days I used to get that sensation...not now!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I think it is normal. Or at least I remember feeling that way. After you've done it a few times, I think you'll get acclimated and it won't bother you any more.:smile:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    slow down the treadmill and walk until your heart rate is almost at normal. it may take a few minutes. you should be doing this regardless to help cool down your body.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    That happened to me the first few times, it helps if you walk slowly for a bit before stopping completely, but you soon get used to it. :)
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I think for the most part it is normal. But it could be that you overworked yourself also and are not eating right before hand. Try a protein shake before or some type of instant carb and see what happens. I know if I work out hard and don't eat right it don't make much difference if I am getting off the treadmill or just done kickboxing I get a tad bit dizzy if I don't eat right.