exercise at home

Options
anyone know of any good workouts which dont require equipment and are doable at home and burn plenty of calories??

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    if you have a high speed internet connection, goto bodyrock.tv

Many of the older workouts are equipment free, you can use a backpack filled with bagged rice or dried beans for a sandbag, on those routines. They are HIIT, some short, some long. You can do one or more a day.
  • mslynne25
    Options
    I would also like to know of a few exercises that i could do at home with out the equipment. Thank you
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    There are tons on Youtube as well... some may use small hand weights (very little investment) or I like some of the DVD's you can get for $5-10 as well. Other than that, my favorite thing to do is run. I did C25K nearly 2 years ago and it was awesome! The program is free and you can do it outside with just your shoes and the road!!!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have some AWESOME DVD's I can recommend that either don't require anything or just basic dumbells....or cans of soup if you don't have any ;-P
  • whoosh1
    whoosh1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's DVDs use only hand weights (30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, etc). They are great and you could use water bottles as weights ... full of course. OR grab a set of hand weights from Wal-Mart, they cost next to nothing.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    when i started strength training, i did this routine

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

also, you should look into kettlebells. very versatile weights, and you only need one of each weight.
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I was about to say 'you tube' when I saw this post ^^ I use a DVD (30 day shred) which is basically yoga style workouts using weights; I used tins of beans to begin with instead of weights and they worked just as well. There are plenty of DVD's that all do that same sort of thing but you can see most of them on you tube.
  • enchantedeskape
    Options
    if you have a high speed internet connection, goto bodyrock.tv

Many of the older workouts are equipment free, you can use a backpack filled with bagged rice or dried beans for a sandbag, on those routines. They are HIIT, some short, some long. You can do one or more a day.

Those people are scary looking!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ditto on bodyrock.tv. their workouts are KILLER - but have modifications you can do if you're just starting out. a lot of the more recent workouts use equipment (that you can do without - they show you variations) but if you go back to the beginning, zuz did all her exercises with bodyweight.

good luck! :)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    All I do are home workouts! :D Check out my blog: www.fitnessbender.com I have videos and workout breakdowns of everything I do. 99% of the workouts require no equipment. Also, if you have any questions or need modifications for anything just send me a message.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Go on freecycle.org and sign up - everything is free and you can ask for exercise equipment, videos, etc. If all else fails, canned goods, laundry detergent, etc make great hand weights!
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We have Comcast cable and it comes with Fitness TV on Demand...it's FREE and it has a TON of different exercise shows that you can choose from.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    anyone know of any good workouts which dont require equipment and are doable at home and burn plenty of calories??
    Here is what I do
    Legs:
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometricexercises.html

Full Body:
    http://extreme-exercises.com/body-weight-exercises/
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    I use TURBOFIRE and I also have INSANITY...both burn anywhere from 300-600 calories per workout depending on the day...(some dvd's are 20 -60 minutes). No equipment required.
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    There is always calisthenics which use your own body weight to help build muscle. Things like sit-ups, push-ups and such. Also, I've seen a lot of people on here who hula hoop.