Losing hope

Options
Hi guys, i feel so terrible, eating out has definitely been my winning streak for the last two weeks, luckily i havent gained anything, but i just feel horrible emotionally.....its a strong goal of mine to lose more weight, ive lost 15 lbs since september which is good, but very far from what i want and very slow in the process....just need some support and any advice to really get me on track and stay away from those unhealthy foods...

Replies

• mx_burke
    mx_burke Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi guys, i feel so terrible, eating out has definitely been my winning streak for the last two weeks, luckily i havent gained anything, but i just feel horrible emotionally.....its a strong goal of mine to lose more weight, ive lost 15 lbs since september which is good, but very far from what i want and very slow in the process....just need some support and any advice to really get me on track and stay away from those unhealthy foods...
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When I saw losing hope I had to look. I've gotta say that 15 pounds since Sept is a good thing. I know we all want it faster, but most of us that are losing it "faster" are are pretty heavy to start with or are losing baby weight. If you are getting closer to your goal then you will slow up quite a bit. Just don't quit though. Focus on what you want and remember what made you want it in the first place. Maybe set up a reward to go with your goal. Mine is a specific garment...:laugh: But being healthy is a reward to and you should really keep going.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SuhailVal
    SuhailVal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No no no! Don't give up hope, take it one step at a time. We all have our ups and downs, don't stay down. You can dust yourself off and start again, you didn't go back all the way to zero, so you haven't lost anything. Dust off your emotions, tell yourself the vacation from your goals is over, and refocus again on your long term goals. Don't get side tracked by a little bump on the road...don't stay stuck on that bump!

Wishing you all the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :mad: NEVER GIVE UP !!!
  • 79Beav
    79Beav Posts: 1
    Options
    Often when eating away from home I try to remember that food is just fuel. It only needs to be consumed to keep you alive. Remember, either the food wins, or you do!

Also, think about eating the outside aisle of the grocery store, even at a restaurant; Veggies, Fruit, Meat, Milk products (limited), Whole Grains (limited).

And lastly, the ultimate test; if it tastes good, don't eat it!!!
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eating out all the time - while heavenly convenient - can really jack you up calorie-wise. And it is so hard to get back on track, you just take it one day at a time.

I joined the "THIS SUMMER WILL BE DIFFERENT" thread, with the challenge of actually drinking 8 glasses of water a day (2 liters). It made a huge difference in my cravings. My coworker was talking about craving salty McDonald's french fries the other day, and my first reaction was 'shrug'. This was a revelation. Who doesn't immediately want fries when prompted? When you're hydrated, you don't crave salt. When you're eating healthily, you don't want grease.

So just keep trying, drink lots of water, know that you have to take care of yourself, just like you take care of everyone else around you, and that some weeks are going to be better than others.

You can do it, you know what your goals are, and all you really have to do is promise yourself that tomorrow you will treat your body with love and respect.

Hope this helps!
    Kathryn
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. So you fell off the wagon, get up and get going again. You can do it. Be a big loser. I have been stagnant too, but today, I got up, looked in the mirror and said, "damn I'm fine!"

Then I went off to the gym and worked my *kitten* off. So get going, you will be ok.

Rita.
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Girlfriend, you cannot give up hope. If you give up with your goals, what is a brother to do with all th weight I have to take off :tongue:

15 lbs is very good!! Remember, the goal is to lose it and keept it off. Sometimes when people lose it so fast, they also gain it back very fast. We are proud of your progress!! Keep up the good work, if you need some motivation. we are here to help you out. :happy:
  • mx_burke
    mx_burke Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys :smile: I tried the water thing, drank the full 8 glasses each day since monday and this definitely helped my cravings, as for everything else, well i've managed to hit the gym three times so far this week, so its been good....again thanks for the support
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Great job on that GYM!! Remember, it took most of us many months and sometimes years to put it on. It shall take some time to get it off as well. But we all can do it and so can you.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options

I have to ask, why do you eat out so often and where are you eating at?